1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

SHE - Episode 2

Discussion in 'SHE - Serial Story' started by varalotti, May 4, 2007.

1. RachnaShah

RachnaShah New IL'ite

Hello Varalotti, I am new to IL. & am not sire abt how to use it. can you help me?? Is ther a way to chat on this site?? Am not even sure how to connect to friends & how to reply.

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Hello Rachna,
    There is no chat facility in the site. You can visit any of threads that stretch from recipes to family issues, from work to education and even health problems.
    Another place you can visit is the blogs. This is the link
    IndusLadies - Blogs

There are short stories, serials, anecdotes, articles and what not.

have a nice time,
    sridhar

3. RachnaShah

RachnaShah New IL'ite

Thanks Varalotti, But you see I didn't even know that you had replied to my question. You mean I have to go to the blog & the replies etc.., would be in the same.

Best,
    Rachna

4. SuccessMinded

SuccessMinded Gold IL'ite

Wow... I like Shiva's character!

5. varalotti

oh thanks. if the father is good and kind like Shiva it's a great asset for the child, especially if it's a girl.

6. anu1975

anu1975 New IL'ite

removed constricting inner wear and slouched on the bed.....That really shows how much her mind wants to be liberated from the clutches of the constricting home...but it was only that much she could liberate herself.

Oh! I thought Shal is a rebel owing to her liberal upbringing, but seems it's not just her upbringing but her genes too. I really love this father who let her experiment with her life, to live her life with first-hand experiences. It's not that he just left her to follow her heart but helped to spark her brain in a language she understood.The way he equated the letter to the menu was just an example.

Loved the way Shalini answered to Aravind and not only did she discourage him form making any further attempts but sealed the poor boy's chances with other girls forever...or atleast in the school.

Also loved the way Shiva never interfered while Lakshmi was lecturing her daughter though he didn't agree with her.
    'If my little girl wants to drive a garbage truck, I will buy her a Benz Garbage Truck as her birthday gift'....LOL.

Contrary to what most men are prone to think, a woman’s first need is not security. It is not even love. It is freedom - the freedom to be truly herself and true to herself. Shiva belonged to the endangered and almost extinct sub-species of men who could really understand what a woman needs......THANKS FOR THAT VARALOTTI.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  7. varalotti

Thanks a lot, Anu. Looks like you are enjoying the serial almost word by word. This whole serial is my tribute to womanhood. I have been associated with some of the most wonderful women of this world who moulded by consciousness. Starting from my mother, my aunt, my wife, my sister, my daughter. my close women friends... I remember paying a tribute to the women in my life on one of the Womens day thread.
    I am happy that you picked up that line which loved writing the most.
    sridhar

1 person likes this.
  8. gayuharini

gayuharini Bronze IL'ite

sridhar sir,

Dont know from which part of your brain produces such wonderful lines "Contrary to what most men are prone to think, a woman’s first need is not security. It is not even love. It is freedom - the freedom to be truly herself and true to herself. Shiva belonged to the endangered and almost extinct sub-species of men who could really understand what a woman needs".

Shiva characterisation super.
    Regards
    Gayathri

9. varalotti

that part of the my brain trained by the wonderful women I've met in my life, Gayathri.
    sridhar