1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

SHE - Episode 2

Discussion in 'SHE - Serial Story' started by varalotti, May 4, 2007.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pankaja,

I am happy that you like the second part too. The natural bend, the streak of rebel - words I can hear only from seasoned writers like you.
    I did see your replies to your humorous article. Looks like you have written what is there in the minds of all the celebrity wives. (we have quite a few of them here in IL) A great piece of work.

I could not locate your Cauvery Article in DH. I tried but could not reach it. You may either send the article to me at my gmail ID or give me the links.

Shiva is one character I loved to create. So far he is shaping very well. Let's see what happens to him in the future.

Thanks for your kind words which for me is the greatest professional acknowledgement of my writing efforts.
    regards,
    sridhar

2. varalotti

A Note Of Caution

Most Gracious Ladies,
    My poor vocabulary does not have enough words to thank you for your overwhelming support for this serial. What we are now seeing are the circumstances that built up the unique character of this serial - Shalini. Her mother, father, her father-in-law, her friend in the school and her colleague in her office everybody had a role in making Shalini what she is now.
    While on this I am constrained to issue a caveat to the ILites - do not ever try to make any decision in your life based on Shalini's character. Wait for the story to end and see whatever happens to this rebellious girl. See what hand has been dealt to her by the Master of the Game. And remember even then that Shalini is a figment of my imagination.
    Shalini should give us an awareness that our identity is at least precious as our physical body or our mental well-being.
    At the same time every life is different as every identity is. I have to give this note of caution as we gather speed and gain height in the story.

Less than 24 hours to go for the 3rd episode. Please stay tuned,
    regards,
    sridhar aka varalotti

3. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

Dear varalotti,
    This eisode is very fast moving. In fact I t got me very engrossed and thinking too. First of all I liked shiva's being adamant about his carreer. You have shown that a job after one's heart will take a person to great heights both financially as well as psycologically. You have made the heroine a CA . I am waiting to see if she develops a passion and interest in
    writing in women's forums!Are you a good accounts teacher too?See my train of thoughts. I hear students flock to your classes as they do to your malathi's.I am wondering if there is a cruel streak in your heroine. I would like women to be a little tender and romantic. They can be tough in crisis .Awaiting the next episodes.
    regards,
    meenu

4. varalotti

Dear Meenu,

I have taken hints from every person I see to mould my characters. For Shalini I gave my education; but her rebellious nature is not from me, for I am a great conformist. I obey the rules and rarely question them.
    Like you have asked, my niece here in Chennai, confronted me with an uncomfortable question. "Sridhar mama, are you like the character Shiva?"
    I did not even blink my eye to shout a strong NO to her. "Not at all"
    "But isn't it slightly hypocritical when you impute qualities to a father which as a father you do not have?" (Nieces can be far more penetrating than adoring fans)

I told her it is not so. I am trying to mould Shiva with traits which I don't possess. Anyday I love to have those qualities. But as of now they are a far-flung ideal for me. "But" I told her "if I had created Shiva exactly as I am, then the story will be more like my diary." A writer has a duty to convey the ideals, though the reality is far removed from it. A writer confined to the bounds of reality is no better than a news reporter.

I have been a good accounts teacher, thanks to the force of circumstances. I resigned my job two months after my marriage. I had set up my practice but money was yet to flow in. Meanwhile I had to support a family, though we lived as a joint family. So I took classes for CA students in my house. This went for 2 years till I got comfortably settled in my profession.

Like you meenu, I also want women to be tender and romantic. Had Indhu had even 50% of what Shalini had, I would not have married her or our marriage would not have passed the test of time.

But in this story (I will rather call this a writing experiment) I am stretching myself to the extreme in creating characters like Shalini.
    In about 12 hours from now, God willing, I will be uploading the next episode. Please stay tuned.
    with regards,
    Varalotti

5. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Re: Thanks Malathi!

Sir,
    Thank you for your spontaneous reply. "Sir" was the respectable title to address such a great writer as you.But if you have some objections to it, I will avoid it in my next postings! Looking forward to the next episode.
    Rgds,
    Malathi

6. Malathijagan

Sir,
    Thank you for your spontaneous reply. "Sir" was the respectable title to address such a great writer as you.But if you have some objections to it, I will avoid it in my next postings! Looking forward to the next episode.
    Rgds,
    Malathi

sridhar (You have not spelt my name right. It is spelt as sridhar and not sridhar sir)[/quote]

7. Malathijagan

Sir,
    Rgds,
    Malathi

8. varalotti

Dear Malathi,
    I have absolutely no objection in your addressing me as Sir. Many of my colleagues address me like that.
    But here in this forum I am more concerned with equal participation and fearless comments. You place me in a pedestal then you will not be able to criticise my writings. (I am sure you will have the opportunity for it in future episodes).
    At my office there are occasions where I have to meet my colleagues from a position of authority. But as a writer I love to meet all my readers on the level. Only then there will be a conducive atmosphere for my writings to flourish.
    Thanks for the participation, Malathi Jagan.
    Regards,
    sridhar

Last edited: May 11, 2007
  9. varalotti

SHE - Episode 3 - Being Posted

Most Gracious ILites,

Here's Chapter 3 of SHE.
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/saturdays-with-varalotti/7534-she-episode-3-a.html

Life is always a bitter-sweet dish. Before we come out of the sweetness of the first bite of that dish, the bitterness of the second hits our tastebuds. But we cant even spit what's there in our mouth. That's life for all of us. And that's what you may feel about the Third Episode.

I cant say "Happy Reading".

Looking forward to your comments and views,

regards,
    sridhar aka varalotti

Last edited: May 11, 2007
  10. padmamadhavan

padmamadhavan New IL'ite

hello sir,

SHE 2nd episode reminded me of my childhood days with my father. My dad is similar to shiva , to this day we r thick friends.

It is freedom - the freedom to be truly herself and true to herself is really true.

Thanks

Padma.