1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sharing Responsibilities Of Parents Between Brothers

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by YoGirl, Oct 5, 2017.

1. YoGirl

YoGirl Gold IL'ite

I often wonder what the dynamics will be when parents get old and 2 brothers have to share responsibility.
    In my case, i have seen following..
    1.. when we were abroad and BIL in India.
    2.. when we were in India and BIL abroad.
    3.. when we and BIL abroad.

In first 2 cases, parents stayed with the one in India and not even visiting the one abroad. In 3rd case, parents visiting abroad every 6 months.

Its not fair for the parents in old age (above 50)to be shuttling around, but the Daughter in law who gets to care for them needs to struggle as the bil/co-sis wont make any plans as long as parents are comfortable at one place and this needs to negativity between co-sis and brothets too. And often the farthest Daughter in law will be in-laws favorite and the one doing seva everyday will be the villian(have seen this in many cases).

What do you guys think should be a workable solution with outmost importance given to parents.

2. happydheivanai

happydheivanai Silver IL'ite

Actually what ur telling is 100 percent true...parents or in laws always wants the one to adjust more and more and they will simply leave the other daughter in law because they will not do/ or they will dont know to do ,care etc.

If v ask in laws about this .they will simply say y u r expecting other brother in law family to do ..do ur duty like that.

One who is doing the duty correctly needs to do till the end and one who does not do the duty will never do...

There mind is fixed like that ...once the adjusting daughter in law stops what she is doing then in laws will realize.. but they will give the bad name for the adjusting daughter in law for sure..this can’t be changed.

Dishaa likes this.
  3. YoGirl

YoGirl Gold IL'ite

you are correct. But what i dont understand is...they plan extensively when they need to involve the DIL who is away and take care of her needs , but the one who is slogging everyday is not even informed or consulted. she is taken for granted.