Sharing Experiences

Discussion in 'Community Chit-Chat' started by MonikaSG, Dec 29, 2017.

1. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

@jskls only like....no reply....:cheer:

jskls likes this.
  2. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

@jskls only like....no reply....:cheer:

3. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

4. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

With every lesson that life offers me, I think I master it, next test makes sure I fail miserably... it’s going to be a learning process throughout I guess.

Thyagarajan, messedup, Amica and 4 others like this.
  5. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

I feel you are getting many challenges in life. You must be a very strong person who has all the abilities to face the challenge that come to your way. I would love to learn more from you. What you learned from each challenge you face. Please share some more of it. I am looking forward to it.

jskls likes this.
  6. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

@periamma ji request you to please share you experiences to us. Thanks for liking my post.

7. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

@MonikaSG,
    First of all, let me congratulate you for a very useful thread - reflecting on life's lessons learnt. It is very relevant at this time of the year particularly, as the new year always brings in some positivity and looking forward to good times.
    Quote:Our mind grows with time and experience. But we always want to be far from present growth. We always expect more from it.Unquote.
    I am a senior citizen and naturally there have been too many experiences and lessons learnt. However,
    I'd like to list here , one very important facet of my married life that I had found very difficult in the beginning resulting in a lot of disagreements/fights.
    My husband was very conservative in his thinking although he was away from his hometown ever since he started working, and got married at the age of 31 only. His wanting to control finances, and that although i was working, should seek his permission and then only indulge in any spending whether for personal or even for general house purposes. During the first year of marriage i was handing over my entire salary to him and then asking him for every expense. Many times, I found that he felt it was not necessary although as far as I was concerned, it was a priority. After many such instances,
    I told him clearly, that I shall in future give him my share of expenses for the home and keep the rest in a savings account to be used by me without interference. Although he did not like it at all, and showed his displeasure in many ways and even felt I was not respecting him enough, after all these years, I feel he has understood all that I have done, and is at peace now:) (we are now both retired and completed our family responsibilities ).
    I have learnt all these years that adjustments are required in married life to a great extent, but major issues affecting our way of life itself, need some drastic steps to be corrected at the right time.

Vaikuntha, messedup, iyerviji and 6 others like this.
  8. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

Thank you for sharing this. This is the thing I too find non acceptable by husband's. But your success story gave a hope to many who want this change but not able to express. I am non working but I never show my needs to him as I don't want to load him more. I may also want this change once I start earning. You gave my thought a courage to proceed. Thanks a lot.

iyerviji, Sandycandy and joylokhi like this.
  9. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@MonikaSG Forty six years of married life with so many ups and downs have been crossed by compromises.Got married at the age of 17 entering into a very big family is like a timid deer living amidst ferocious animals,cunning animals and soft hearted animals which shower love on us.My MIL is such a soft kind hearted person who was like a mother to me.WHEN MY dh shouts at me i won't utter a single word at that time and after two or three days i used to point out what he has done is wrong.sometime he accepts and sometimes he denies.I am not an angel and so get angry when i think the situation is very hard to digest .Then i keep silence for many days till my dh realises his mistake .These are all non stop dramas going on in life .My compromise and Patience has given a lot of love from my children,my nephews and nieces from my husband side.They know me well and they share their problems with me and ask how to solve it.one more thing i want to add i give my opinion but say to them " YOU KNOW YOUR PROBLEMS WELL AND SO THINK AND TAKE YOUR OWN DECISION"To have peace in life compromise and Patience helped a lot which does not suit today's young generation .This is the secret of my balanced married life :laughing::laughing:

messedup, Vaikuntha, iyerviji and 6 others like this.
  10. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

17 is a very young age to get married. I could not even think of what I had done if I were at your place. Its true we know all the solutions as well. We cant go with someone's suggestions as it is. Application of our own mind is required in each case. Marriage actually requires lots of patience and sacrifices. We have less of this as your generation had. That's true. Thanks for sharing. We have lot to learn from your generation.

iyerviji, kalcandu and periamma like this.