Share your school /college pleasant memories ...

Discussion in 'Indians in Qatar' started by achu, Feb 6, 2012.

1. achu

achu Bronze IL'ite

Hi ladies , just rewind urself to the good old school or college days.. Share your pleasant memories , which brings a smile on your face even to this day...

2. priya20coool

priya20coool Bronze IL'ite

I had a very good schooling. School re-opening in June, wearing a color dress for the first day, teacher says 'no class on the first day', waiting for yet another day of color dress, cultural meets before the mid tests, bunking classes for dance practice, staying at home to watch the favorite cartoon movie on tv, and writing a letter to teacher "As i am suffering from fever, please grant me a day's leave, yours LOVINGLY, YOUR STUDENT',... Chatting with friends, eating at a road-side chatwalla shop with friends, gulping a pani-puri from our close friend's plate... memorable ones indeed...

3. achu

achu Bronze IL'ite

My Internet connection had some problem since few des... So could n't follow this thread....

I did my college in mangalore,so naturally everything was new for our gang of 5 - from food, language, culture etc!! Sunday special breakfast was masala dosa... initially we used to look forward for sundes,but later..oops :( till this day I hate that stuff...
    Every saturde we had our internal assessment exams - each subject a week ( it sounds like the weekly tests in Qatar Indian schools ,rite ?it truly was :bang: ) theory in the morn and viva Voce at noon.we feel that nights were too short, on frides - coz we don't find sufficient time to sleep n study.. N in between to keep us ' active ' we store tea /coffee in flasks. ( since it was a naturopathy college tea n coffee were prohibited inside our campus..esp., for students - so we take it from the cooks after a lot of coaxing n pleading ).even if we sleep in between somebody would wake us up , or we wud keep alarm - just to have our share of those 'precious ' tea n immediately doze off... N books would be the pillow :p

There are times when we go to loot our mess store room, this happens on sunde nights to take the left over Sunday special goodies ( usually some sweets like ladoos etc..) this was surely not an easy job- tiptoeing in dim light, while rats n roaches run over our feet ( now it's like :eek: those days it was an adventure he! he ! ) along with sweets we would take some of those poor quality cashews n raisins too... N we make sure that we leave some there , so that nobody doubts about our robbery ( very intelligent gals eh ? )

by the end of first year we mastered ourselves such that we know what, which n where things were located in the store-room, more than our cooks:rotfl:rotfl

4. vijaya1982

vijaya1982 Bronze IL'ite

hi Saji,

enjoyed your narration about golden days of school/ college and also recollected mine aswell!

me too stayed in college for 7 years and have similar to your experience as well! really if we remember them now, it is such a funny know! missing those days ... hmm....

vijaya