Share your memorable train journey with us - May 2012

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by IL_Admin, May 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ranise

Ranise Junior IL'ite

My dad was in Army and there are quite a lot of train journeys that I can remember, but one that flushes to the memory lane as soon as I think of a train is the one when I was seven years old. It was the summer holidays and we were traveling to our native place. The usual station where we needed to get down was about 40 KM's away from our village. There was one small station about 6 KM's but the express trains wouldn't stop there.

It so happened that during this journey, the train suddenly stopped just before the small station because of signal. Since we were all packed up anyway, we quickly got down the train ( with some help from co passengers as we had a lot of luggage ). Since it was not a station, there was no platform and we landed near the tracks. There were two lines and we had to cross one track to go to the other side, from where we could walk to the bus stand. My father, mother and one sister were busy picking up the bags and moving them to the other side of the tracks. Me and my younger sister were crossing the track when my sandal got stuck on the track and I fell down. Both our efforts to pull the sandal & the leg from the track were not fruitfull..and I was in tears. In the meanwhile the others were still busy with the luggage and I was cursing my parents that they were not coming and picking me up... what if a train came now from the other side... infact I was able to see an engine far off ( or was I dreaming one I would never know )... eventually my mother came and removed the sandal from my feet and then pulled out the sandal which was stuck below the track.. thus I was saved !!!

Though it was not at all a near fatal event, as a small child I would keep imagining different endings to this situation for months after it happened..... and even today the sight of a train gives me sort of jitters !!. Nevertheless I have enjoyed all my train journeys.

3 people like this.
  2. Deepu04

Deepu04 IL Hall of Fame

So hillarious...

3. vdeepab4u

vdeepab4u Gold IL'ite

This happened to me in passenger train which I use to take daily to go to office:
    Daily evening my DH used to drop me from office to railway station (he will come to home late). That day we had some small arguments and am not in a good mood. I used to listen song while travelling and followed the same on that day. I got into my train and never bothered to say bye to my DH:-(. I was seated and listening to my fav songs from my mobile. After some time i was realised that i was travelling beyond the distance where i need to get down. I was like :bang Then I got down on the next station (as if nobody knows that i missed my station:shhh:) and enquired about the return train, and i was informed it will take another half an hour for that train. I was :confused2: Then I turned back, went to the roadside, catched an auto and went to my station (walkable distance to my residence). When i was going in auto, my DH called me (i didnt pickup since i was in full tension), then after getting down i attended the call and he asked me where i was. I said just now got down from train :hide: He asked me, then why are you coming from the roadside ? I was :-o and asked how did you know ? He said, since i was not in a good mood, he too dont want to continue his work, and came in the same train in which i came, got down correctly in my station and waiting for me for a long time. :yes:Then i told him what all happened, he told back everything to all my family members all were :rotfl :biglaugh

Then I apologized for what happened on that day and got another chance to know how much affection he has on me and how he cares for me.:kiss

3 people like this.
  4. IL_Admin

IL_Admin Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear IL-ites,

The contest is closed now. Please stay tuned for the result !

Thank you.

1 person likes this.
  5. IL_Admin

IL_Admin Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear IL-ites,

Thanks for your participation. A special thanks to our judges for helping us to select the best entry!

The Lucky Winner of…

Share your memorable train journey with us

is...
    Cutemonster

Congratulations Cutemonster !

Please find the winning entry here. 22 days long journey ! It's interesting to read about your train trip to Along. Truly a fascinating train ride.

IL Special Gift sponsored by Craftsia.com for winning the contest.

Lime And Plum Chain Made Of Glass Beads

2.JPG

Note: Your coupon code to claim the gift from Craftsia Coupons will be private messaged to you shortly.

4 people like this.
  6. coolsandy

coolsandy Gold IL'ite

congratulations cutemonster!:thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  7. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations dear Cute Monster...( Mrs.'Always' right)...:clap
    50hfome0rktsi0thn9i9ba9jda.gif

Thanks for the "Chaiyya Chaiyya Chaiyaa Chaiyaaa..." Train Journey.....:thumbsup

Do treat us with "Jhaal Muri..( Spicy puffed rice.)." , Litchees and "Daap ( Tender coconut)".....of our NF Railway Trains......:cheers:)

4 people like this.
  8. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

oh my god!!! i m so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):):):):):)
    thanks u all!!!

2 people like this.
  9. FreeSpirit20

FreeSpirit20 Platinum IL'ite

Congratulations !!!

1 person likes this.
  10. suryakala

suryakala IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations dear Cutemonster!! cm roses.jpg ENJOY!!!

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.