Share Your Dad’s Best Memory - June 2012

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by IL_Admin, May 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

It is indeed my whole hearted pleasure to dedicate this as “Thanksgiving” on this Special Occasion.:)

My father is not only mine, but father for many thousands and millions of children in the universe, including my DH, yes I can see eyebrows of readers raising with a backdrop of thought and an exclamatory mark.:!:

Well!!! When I needed support and guidance at my late teen my father held my hand in warmth and took me through, :oops: he spoke to me in silence and explained to me the definition of life, that was a spark with a dawn in my dark path that lit my life two decades back and it is still glowing brightly.

My father guided me at every step, when I needed to earn and support my family he took me through as a Guide, then he taught me how to handle the professional arena amidst lot of criticism when my age group girls were one by one moving out studying further or getting married, when I was struggling to make both ends meet and couldn’t have a friend to discuss then he enacted a friend’s role.:confused2:

My father made me stronger in mind and healthier physically as days passed by chiseling at the needed juncture in the molding process, helped me to withstand the pressures of Family (parents, brother’s family) my brothers ailment, nephew’s education, crossed me to step my foot in a foreign land to improve myself along with supporting my family. At this point in time a stranger :rotflI felt but he lived with me like my mom patting my back when I dwindled down, he even fed me in my dream one night when I had forgotten to eat dinner the previous night with loss of appetite with puzzles of many things that needed decision. That was an energized meal to a horse which started running with a gasp to breathe and there is no look back ever after as it was a realization that he is with me forever.

My father identified my DH :yes:when both of us needed solace in comfort and being his children to carry out many duties entrusted by him in the long run together. He also handled my complicated gynecology issues taking the role of Dr. BAIJA MAA and the comfort of my mother’s role to take care of me as there were no ladies around in our family.

Every day he guides us in day to day affairs and of course in all decisions heading our family amongst the calls of all his children,:clap we are grateful to him for his presence at every moment we need him.

Surely I am thankful to my father who showed me this universe as a Biological parent without him I would not have known my father and Guru Shirdi SaiBaba and what if my Biological Dad would not have skipped from his duty which lead me to surrender under thy holy feet and that moment my biological dad stands at the Peak of Himalayas, Oh!! Appa and Amma thank you for being there and I have got my father and Guru and here I am to acknowledge the greatest moment of life.

Shirdi Baba as our Guru/Parent many may have a notion that he raises us on a rosy bed, when karma grips at its peaks he only adds strength to face it boldly but he keeps up his promises to devotees that there will be NO WANTS in the house of his devotees and help us to lead a simple life, Thank you Baba for being there with us and leading us the way you want it be.

:thankyou2: IL family for this opportunity to express about my Biological Dad and my father/Guru and be an eye opener to other Baba devotees, though I don’t generally participate in contests this topic I could not refrain.

5 people like this.
  2. charmbabez

charmbabez Gold IL'ite

[FONT=&quot]It is quite normal for people to get attached to someone who cares for them, helps them, support them etc, but how is it possible for us to recognize them?[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    Yes, only with a single word called "EXPOSE"

I think this is the perfect time for me to write this post about my DAD (THE JACK FRUIT).
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    Yeah I am left alone with him for past 15 days without my mom, my sister and my brothers.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Though I had analyzed more about him in the past 25+ yrs, this is the first time I am penning it down.
    His only recitation for us was AIM HIGH and only ACHIEVE HIGH (nothing less) and never compromise when we lose it.

My dad is a very strict person. He lost his parents when he was 13 but still managed to complete his M.A., M.Com, MBA etc. He got posted in a well settled government job. He is a man of adamancy which dumps most of his good qualities unexposed.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]His role being a father is he cares too much for us He is the kind of person who, if we wish for small will always gives us big[FONT=&quot] which he feels the BEST. This was implemented even in my career but still I obeyed him. When I tried to disobey him once , his reaction towards me was unbearable. We didn’t speak to each other for 4 yrs and his complete care for me was drained out which pushed me to unexplained pain. (Thank god that issue was over by itself).

But Still there are many BEST moments which made me PROUD for being his lovable daughter. He never smokes, never consumed liquor, never got bribe (though his position is meant for that) a man of honesty, cleanliness etc. He would always do the house hold works by himself (except cooking) without ordering my mom or me or my sister even at my 25+ yrs.[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The more he cares and struggles for me, the more I am free and living in luxury :)[FONT=&quot] There may be bitter moments with him in my life due to his adamancy and I have disappointed him sometimes but I know still it is only for my goodness sake in his point of view being a responsible dad.

There are many memories to be preserved but still the best one with my dad till now is whenever we argue or fight too much, at the end of the day his eyes search for me. I am very sure he can’t be without me at any point.

It is true when we didn’t get something we try to give that to others because only we know the pain of missing.

Its only because of him, I am able to understand feelings of people around me.
    Its only because of him, I am able to bare the failures, leave things on it way, though it hurts me.
    Its only because of him, I am able to tolerate things and stay patient.

Though people around me have different opinion about him, I never cared for their words.[/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    I had never said him that I love him to the core.
    Let me put my words here

"YES I LOVE U DAD".:)
    [/FONT]

7 people like this.
  3. goodluk

goodluk New IL'ite

first i would like to wish my dad for long live during this wonderful father's day!
    my dad's best memory - he had expected male baby when my mom gave me a birth, but after he came to know its a female baby he had entered the ward with dilemma but after he saw my face he forgot about the male baby and he have started to laugh and he took me in his hands and he told she's gonna be best daughter in this world!
    yes... he believed me before i grow.. i love u daddy! after my marriage i missing him lot.... happy father's day to my lovely daddy..............................

4. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

@Happy17 sister :thankyou2: for dropping in to read about my father and "the Like"

5. goodluk

goodluk New IL'ite

we should thank our IL for giving an opportunity to share abt our dad.. and you expressed very well abt ur dad sis..

1 person likes this.
  6. IL_Admin

IL_Admin Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear IL-ites,

The contest is closed now. Please stay tuned for the result !

Thank you.

2 people like this.
  7. IL_Admin

IL_Admin Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear IL-ites,

Thanks for your participation. Some of the entries made me laugh and some of them made my eyes wet ! Thoroughly enjoyed reading all your entries. :) Let me take this splendid moment to thank my DAD. "Thank you Dad, for what I'm today! Thank you for all that you did for me. Miss you a lot!"

A special thanks to our judges for helping us to select the best entry!

Nothing says spring better than this ! It is the national flower of Netherland. Guess who the winner is??

The Lucky Winner is...

tulips17.jpg

Congratulations ILoveTulips!

Please find the winning entry here. Honesty is truly a priceless, precious gift and it is the greatest gift one can give someone. No matter how often an honest man falls, he always gets up again. Being a sole bread winner of the family and to provide financial help to his friend without thinking about his financial consequences is something great. This gift is for your dad !

IL Special Gift sponsored by Craftsia.com for winning the contest.

ILT.JPG

Note: Your coupon code to claim the gift from Craftsiacoupons will be private messaged to you shortly.

7 people like this.
  8. FreeSpirit20

FreeSpirit20 Platinum IL'ite

Congratulations !!

1 person likes this.
  9. narmuuram

narmuuram Bronze IL'ite

:)My hero of my life..
    Still I remember all his hard work for my every step of growth in my life..My Dad is a Bus Conductor who earns some 10,000 monthly but still he made us to studied in the best school in our city
    I Always see my father waiting for me in the other side of the ground to cheer up me when I participate in running races in my school time(I am the one who come first all the time just to see my dad’s happiness).
    We Stayed in the rented house for very long time as the owner once scolded me to play in front of the house My dad fought to them and the very next day he got a plot with the money he had and started and somehow after many struggles and house loan he made me to stay in our own house.
    In those time I will go to my neighbour’s house to see TV but once they send me out saying that they have some work and I cried that day to my dad and got a brick and designed it as the TV and I assumed it as TV and the very next day it was a surprise I saw a colour TV in the same table where I kept the brick:hiya. My dad got it for EMI just to make me happy.
    He have completed his M.A degree in corres just because he thought when some one ask me whats your dad’s education I should tell them he is a master degree holder(I never expected anything from my father except his love).He will not eat unless he feeds me.
    Iam an average student who doesn’t like to study at all but my dad always sits with me and made me to finish my homework’s even though he is tired after his work and he made me to be a MCA degree holder with first class and now I am placed in a IT company who earns good money but still he will refuse to get a single money from me and he says he loves me more than anything in this world he doesn’t need money from me.
    He said yes for my love and accepted him (My husband as his son) and he made me happy in that also.
    He made me very brave in my life to handle any situations. He taught me karate, he taught me music, he taught me everything and he is a hero of my life all the time and no one can be like him in my life...Love you my dad

3 people like this.
  10. AArchana

AArchana Gold IL'ite

Hearty Congrats ILT!!!! :thumbsup

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.