Share Your Dad’s Best Memory - June 2012

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by IL_Admin, May 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. happyperson

happyperson Gold IL'ite

My father is my friend, philosopher and guide. He is a living example of being positive, help others without expecting in return, active and greet everyday with energy. He has been always a great support and been by my side whenever i need him.

Want to illustrate this incident. After college, i was working for a very small company. But he made me to keep applying for big giants and accompanies me for the exams and interviews. He will be waiting outside till the exam gets completed. For all the tests, i would clear till HR round and from there it goes to sleep mode. So I was not getting any through and was frustrated asking leave in the current company for these interview. Then there was an off campus drive from one of Indian IT giant. I cleared the levels and HR interview was scheduled on a weekday. I told my dad, i m going to skip this as i m tired asking leave and anyway i m not going to get. My mom supported my decision and said let she be happy with what she has now.

My dad said ok and he went to his work (he catches his train for work by 6:30 AM). Then he phoned home after going to work, and said to me "can you please take only this interview for my sake. I will not force you after this". I said ok and went without hope. Luckily i got selected and this has changed my head writing. I fully believe, it is with my parents blessings.

My dad had a dream to teach his son/daughter in convent (though he studied in govt school) before i was born. He had a dream to make his daughter an engineer, before i knew what engineering was. He had a dream to have his daughter in a high paying job. He had a dream to see his daughter to explore opportunity in United States. I am sure everything has happened because he had a vision.

He is a big emotional support and have surprised to call me when i feel like sharing something with him. He has chosen to work even after retirement.

Love my dad wholeheartedly!!! Just praying he is healthy and active always!!

5 people like this.
  2. ambrose

ambrose Senior IL'ite

5:39 PM 6/11/2012
    Useful hours with my father:
    * My Father and me in shop will be packing, with his partners, the ghee packets.
    I also will go to shop in a year for packing the ghee packets. whenever he calls.
    one day when we are packing the co-worker was taught some words , told information by me .
    Puppy , me and my father:
    *My father and me one day in the ground of the shop a
    puppy came . what name we can keep we discussed ? and the name
    ambrose was kept by me and him.
    Me father and mom in chess game:
    *My father with my mom and me played chess in the rent home . we were living in the rent home during the skool days. My father was tensed to move a coin .His hand was trembling when he was ought to move the coin .But my mom was bold enough to move the coin. i asked him why this much trembling than your wife. what dad even fro this you are shivering . you are afraid of mom. i was thinking about the song in anjali manaiviya parthaa shivering shivering.
    A funny hour:
    * one day in the rent home we 3 my mom and father and me were hearing his friend's wife calling his son by name aloud .That my father listened and joked asking that what she is loudly shouting like kovai saralaa . is it not? asked him . I could not control my laughter.
    FATHER:
    F - FORETELLER

A - AFFECTIONATE

T - TIMELY HELPER

H - HONESTY

E - EFFORT TAKER
    R - REGULAR WELL WISHER:thankyou2:.
    MY FATHER A NICE HOSPITALITER:
    WHENEVER I AFFECTED BY ASTHMA HE CALLS AND GO FOR KEEPING OXYGEN MASHINE. ​
    [​IMG] Attached Images [​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. sarajara

sarajara Gold IL'ite

THanks to IL for giving this great opportunity to share the best moment about DAD!

A Father works hard outside the house to bring in the happiness , security, health and the whole life reins is in his hand.. It doesn't mean that he is controlling others.. he is just taking care that the wagon of life is just going safe with the much needed care and hard work that do not get shown with simple gestures.

Love of a dad is felt all life long.. especially if its a daughter then the dad and daughter are both double blessed as it is always a special bond; for daughters always love their fathers more than any one and fathers love their daughters more than any one else! :)

My dad had always been the one who can see me happy with whatever i would have loved to have in life, being by my side in all good and bad moments, working hard to help me achieve beyond his personal limitations.

Dad always valued studies more than anything else. Hence he had put me and my sis in a aschool very far off from where he was posted. Mother and me along with my sister were living in a different place away from my dad just because we can get the best education in the district there.

I was put in to a different school once i was in the end of middle school. Our whole family moved farther from the native much against the criticism of all family friends and relatives for my dad had decided to take up a mammoth responsibility of educating his daughters in one of the top ten schools of the state costing him to travel 5 -6 hrs everyday, sacrifice his small funs and happiness, compromise his health and plan well ahead to pay the fees.

I did not finish my class 12 exam in flying colors.I had a decent mark though. i scored a good 90% on the whole and managed an engineering seat. After a mixed trend in Engineering i decided to look out for a job in bangalore.There was a lot of protest from mother as she felt that i would not be so safe away from parents in to a new place and a new language.

Every moment i spent job hunting was a big worry on my mom's head and she wanted to see me married as early as possible and father was confident enough to give me the time to stand on my own feet. A

After 9 months of hunt i managed to get in to one of the well known IT firm which was in the middle of the indian subcontinent.My dad travelled to drop me there controlling all his fears and emotions of letting me stay so far.. more than 1000 kms away from them, just for the sake of my career.I was there in my new job, trying to get moulded myself in to a software profesional. It was a new place, newer language.. in which i know not a single sentence to coin. It rained like hell there non stop, leaving me no time to explore.. house arrested.. i had been accomodated by the company. But to all our misluck, all of spoke different languages and we could not get the feel home thing there. One by one.. every one else shifted toi their friend's or relatives accomodations.. with me alone.. The lonelines had taught me lots.. i decided to leave the job and come back to native.. just right at the time when i would have got established at the job for a not so justified reason.

Mother was irritated that she did not want to talk to me as she felt that i was growing old and ought to have got married long back.I had decided to get back to bangalore to search for another job and this had made my mom go nuts. Others who heard about my decision tried to assure me but there was a disapproval hidden in their voices. I was in that emotional chaos, knowing that the whole world was against me....

I had packed up to leave my job and start back to bangalore from mumbai. I had called up my dad to tell him that i was leaving from there .. he asked me " Are you coming home straight ? or going to bangalore? ". I replied " I am going to bangalore . I shall find an accomodation and come home later " . He said " Okay good. Fine then. Just give me a call once you reach bangalore safe".

I realised his love for me , that gave him the confidence, to understand my abilities and aspirations and to have the trust on me as a person and have the confidence in my abilities and have the same vision on my life as mine.

I can bet that no body else could have said those words without the slightest feeling of discontent or displeasure in his tone or in his heart.. I would love him more than any one else in my life for being there with me at that moment. Without that confidence on me and that freedom which he gave me i would not have achieved anything in life.. I am what I am today because of those words..

I can never for get this incident all my life! I LOVE You Father , I am proud of being your daughter and I would definitely do my best to make you proud of me some day!

2 people like this.
  4. Cutiesri

Cutiesri Gold IL'ite

Nice topic to express our love on father!
    To me my dad is best in the world..he is very simple man and never ever gets angry.he used to tell us however we may be but we should always be perfect and straight-forward.he used to help my mother lot after she comes from work...
    I could not express my love in words or on incident but from my core of my soul I love him a lot..I love you appa! I want you to be my appa in my every birth if I have so..

5. PriyangaPethu

PriyangaPethu New IL'ite

The relation between a girl and her father is more beautiful than the relation between a mom and child.The bonding is so close that for all dad's their little daughter is a cute 'Pari' or 'Angel' to them and for the little girl her dad is the only man whom she can trust forever throughout her lifetime.My dad is hard at times but then to his love for me will never diminish and mine too.

Now I'm 23 but the time when I was born I was a 7 month premature baby.They kept me in incubator for about 2 months after my mom's delivery.Only for feeding they used to take me to mamma itseems.That was the hardest moment for both my dad and amma.My dad is always a kind of spirit and confidence to me.So its from him I learnt about will power though I’m weak by body.He was in air-force when I was a kid and I'm always proud to tell that my dad is a teetotaler.Being in defence without drinking wasn't possible to anyone but only to my dad.He is such a clean man that he not even drinks coffee,tea,have tobacco nothing.Even now he still drinks only milk.If I enquire him that "How do you have such a will power and control" means he used to tell me that “We are humans.There should be nothing that can make a man addicted to it but only we should master it.So this made me not to indulge in these addictions.When you don’t need something don't think about it".It made me feel more proud about him.

Also my dad is the first generation educated guy from our Grandpa's family.He studied in government school .He didnot had even extra uniform to wear.My grandma will make only idly,dosa for any special occasions so my dad used to wait for the festives like Deepavali and Pongal to come it seems.Inspite of all the worries he had undergone in his chilhood he always made me special and happy.Its not that people must speak to us lovable if they love them,if we have true love towards them then we can surely find some love in their harshness also. All dads are like that they dont show love always but always have love for us in their heart and shows us like they are tough man from outside.

One of my unforgettable is my dad used to go for walk every morning.One morning I was not feeling well and asked my dad to get bread for me.But on that day since it was raining he couldn't go out for walk and I left it.But in the evening my dad came early from office and got two bread packs and asked me to have it.I asked why.He told me that he wasn't able to get me in morning and so he got me now for 2 days it seems.I felt like hugging and kissing him.Also he never used to ask about my studies.In college also on the day when semester results came I would be feared and praying to God.Dad used to tell that “dont worry buddy studies is not everything if you didn't pass in this lets see in the forthcoming semester.For this you won't worry yourself”.But somehow I got distinction in Engg.

When we go outting in car mom and dad used to get out for shopping and I used to stay in car at times.If I were in car dad will not off the car and take the key but let it on.Once I asked dad why he is doing so.He replied me"Without AC you will be suffocating da and also its hot ouside to open the window.If I off the car the AC won't run so only I did.I was totally drained in my dad's love.So after these many incidents there is nothing more to tell about my dad.Mom and dad you both must live long as a lovely couple.And this month is my parent's 29th anniversary.Wishing them happy anniversary.
    This is only the trailer.Picture abhi be baaki hota if you would have given more than 1000 words.But I must thank you for making me write a beautiful article about my dad.Thanks IL.

6. Sowmyaraghu

Sowmyaraghu Gold IL'ite

Guru brahma gurur vishnu guru devo maheshwaraha
    guru sakshyat parabrahma tasmayeshri guruve namaha

"SRIPATHY SHASTRY" is a very dynamic person who I am very proud of having him as my dad. I am in fact honoured to have been given an opportunity to write an article about my dad. His name Shri means Lakshmi and Pathi signifies Narayana or Vishnu. His name personifies god which is what he is to his daughters and all his family members.

My dad is very special to us. At every instance in our life my dad has always been special to us and precious and he remains the same for ever.

He has placed the role of Son, Husband, and Father. He has proved himself to be a trustworthy Son, Husband and as a Father.

My dad is a living idol (Father, Mother, Friend, Godfather) to all of us only because he has no ill feeling towards anybody whatever may be the situation. He is a very simple, humble, hard working, helpful, soft spoken, most importantly a very down to earth person, very loving affectionate and caring to all his people. He is a selfless person who has served others throughout his life.

For any person whoever it may be indiscriminate about caste and creed my dad has always been a solution to all their problems. He is infact a backbone for all their problems. He solves their problems by giving them the right solution for all their issues. Problems can be either financial, monetory, family problems or any psychological problem to an individual. My dad is there for everybody who are in need. I am very proud and honoured to have him as my dad.

My dad was working at the BSNL office at Tumkur. Our family was residing at Tumkur. We were a middle class family of three daughters and my parents with a lot of monetory problems. Inspite of havind these problems my dad has struggled his life out for the upbringing of his childern, i.e., to educate each child and most importantly settling their lives.

But unfortunately in the yea 1995 we lost our mom and at that point of time he was the only earning sole in the family. The eldest daughter was just 18 years old when we lost our mother and my second sister was 13 and i was 9years. After the completion of 1 year of my mother's death he had to get hid elder daughter married due to some circumstances. She completed her graduation after her marriage since her husband is very supportive and helpful to her as well as the family.

All my relatives were complled my dad to fet married but my dad did not agree. For my dad his daughters future was more important than he getting married again.

For some people my dad is a source of inspiration.

My dad has never been short tempered at any time. If he use to get angry i.e., at rare occation his anger will lost just for 2 second.

Fortunately my dad at his work place got a promotion fora senior position at the BSNL office in a span of 1 months time after thetragic loss of our mother.. But then he was called for a training session to Trivandrum. But at that point of time my dad was in a dilemma whether to go for thr training or not because he had his three young daughters at Tumkur. He was worried about them. But yes hedid make some attangements to take care of his daughters in his absence.

My dad's hard work did pay off in the end as he educated hid daughters as graduates and second daughter completed Double PG abd younger daughter still pursuing PG in correspondance. All of us are setteled in our life with a very good designation at office and we all 3 got married to very nice and well setteled life partnes. Even now after our marriage my dad is supporting not only for us i.e., daghters but also for son-in-laws. He has struggled a lot to bring us to this stage. Our due respect to our dad will always remain forever.

Last but not the least on behalf of my sisters I would like to thank my dad for all his support and endeavors that he has showed on us for the success of what we are today. We are very blessed to get a father like him. He is always there in our prayers every day. May he be blessed with very good health and life throughout, that is our wish for him always.

"THANK YOU SO MUCH DAD WE ARE VERY PROUD TO HAVE A FATHER LIKE YOU"

1 person likes this.
  7. skalluri

skalluri Gold IL'ite

This would be perfect opportunity for me to pay my tribute to my beloved Dad who passed away 6 months back after his brain surgery. As a father he did his duties in giving good education, food, cloths etc.

He used to get evening snack(Jilebi, popcorn, salted peanuts etc) while coming back from office. I remember when I was in school days I was upset that he never gave me birthday card, he bought a birthday card , signed and wished me with card. You may think, what is big deal , any father will do all these things., but for me it is more than a blessing because he is not normal like any other Dad could be, He was a stroke patient with his brain damaged when I was 7. He lost his original capacity after stroke. His brain slowed down, could not think or do things like anybody. Lost some part of his memory. Originally he was very strong minded and intelligent. He did his Mtech in his youger age and got very good job. My Dad’s brothers used to tell us that his elder brother(my Dad) used to inspire and encourage many in school and college those days to study well. My Dad also helped his brothers financially for their education . He was very intelligent student .

He is great to me because he could continue his govt. service as an Engineer in Irrigation Dept. till his retirement being handicapped physically and not so fit mentally . He had his own original strong character which influenced us in doing higher studies. I did my masters in Physics and now working in IT field, originally he was intelligent, studious, He was fond of education and encouraged us to do higher studies, today me and my brother , both settled in good career.

So, there is nothing special moments I can share, but I am proud of my Dad’s life itself , he was a successful father, never failed even though he faced big setback in his life on his health. I am grateful to my Dad, grateful for each and everything he did to us. Even a small act of kindness/support/love he showed to me is a great blessing to me. I learnt many good things without being told by him directly. When I am travelling abroad for first time after my marriage, he gave me “Ganga Jal“ (Ganga river water in sealed copper container) and asked me to keep in my God’s altar as I am leaving Mother Land. May be that one is one of the best moments spent with my father . I still remember that moment and whenever I see that copper container tears fill up my eyes .

He had lot of devotion towards God from which I learnt “Never lose hope in life, Have faith in God who can show you right path”.

I am still grieving my father’s Death which happened 6 months back after his second stroke followed by brain surgery at the age of 70, we lost him this time. Even today I am grateful to God that He gave second life to my father after his first stroke at the age of 40 and we are blessed to have our father alive for all our childhood and youth days.

3 people like this.
  8. hoda

hoda Senior IL'ite

I think my dad is just like Himalaya mountain for me in form of protection,my dad is like Gita for me who taught me and guide me in difficult situations in my life,my dad is like university for me where I had learn a lot and still going on,my dad is sky for me where I can fly freely with my ambitions but with his protection and support.These words are not enough to describe my DAD but I can explain in form of words this much only.
    He has spent whole his life very humbly,he is always very inspiring,and helpful towards surrounding.He is an encylopedia of experiences and memories so for me very difficult to highlight any one incident.SORRY tears in my eyes ,I can't see clearly,I LOVE MY DAD.Thanks.

9. RiddhimaT

RiddhimaT Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

I'll share an incident which is closest to my heart...Its been around 13 years , I passed my 12th std and gave my engineering exams. But unfortunately I couldn't clear any of my engineering entrances.
    So now the question was WHAT NEXT? A graduation degree course at my hometown or to a metro city where the scope of my pursuing post graduation courses will increase..

My 12th std marks were just 75%.. and with so much of competition, good college seats were given to students at .01 difference in marks.

My dad knew I had worked hard for my 12th and engineering exams, he could also see my morale getting down because of no exam being cleared...so he came to me one day and said, " which field do you want to choose now"? and I looked at him and said," Dad, computers", he said, OK lets go to the metro city and look for admissions in a good college.

Next day, we travelled to the best colleges and to my dismay saw students competing for seats with close difference. I knew my number will never come....Inside I was getting more and more disappointed thinking I have let my parents and myself down.
    I remember, without thinking of any financial issue, he went from college to college, standing in line, just for me and I just followed him, looking at him and his efforts to get me admitted to a good college so that I can come out of my disappointment.
    Finally, when I got selected for the best computer course in a reputed college, he looked at me and said," I knew I have a great daughter who will never let me down".
    I just hugged him, cried and said Thank you.

Dad I miss you, I know even though its been 10 years that you are not with me, still you will love me and will always be there in my thoughts.

I love you. I just hope you are enjoying your life in which ever world you are!

3 people like this.
  10. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

I read somewhere “My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me"" this 1 statement sums up my life! One man, whom i will always remain indebted in my life for everything i am today is my DAD. Not a single day goes when i don't thank god for blessing me with such nice parents.I have so many fond memories of dad that its difficult to pinpoint one:) My dad was born in a normal family with 7 younger siblings. my grandfather developed lung infection and the whole responsibility fell on my dad but my dad worked hard and was the first paramilitary officer in his village.he married my mom, who comes from more affluent family.he treated her like a queen and fulfilled his duties as a ideal son, brother and husband.Not only for us, he had a lot of concern for his unit men also. In his funeral we got people who came from every corner of India. He would say the honor of his country comes first , then comes his unit and his men , then his family and at last he should think about his comfort.he would teach us not only to be brave and fearless but also to think the other person as a human first. when a article about his village was published in a local paper they did not ,mention about him because some people did not like his secular views and how he would help everyone irrespective of their caste. my grandparents were bit angry but dad told its not abig issue. And when he died , his life story was published in all the leading dailies. he had been awarded president's medal for meritorious services & so many people came from far off places and everyone had a story to tell how dad touched their lives.he would say dont bother about accolades, do ur best and people will always remember what u did for them.
    I remember when i was 16 i learnt to drive a bike with gears, my dad was not happy, he said i am too young to drive the bike i should drive a scooty:bonk. After some years we were at my cousins place, he had 3 cars but his wife did not know driving. my dad asked him to teach her , he said she should have learnt it before. when we reached home the first thing my dad did in morning was to drag me out of bed and teach me how to drive a car. i was irritated but he insisted and said i dont know what kind of guy u marry, i want to teach u everything and make u independent so that tomorrow u r not dependent on anyone.And today all the thanks to him i can do anything on my own.
    one incident which i clearly remember is , we were posted in Srinagar.In school lot of hatred and clashes were going on between kashmere and army kids.On hearing all that abuses , both me n my bro developed a hatred towards kashmiri muslims. on day dad wanted us to meet a kashmiri family ,i refused saying we dont like them,they are all bad. They are dirty people and blah blah. he did not get angry but took us to his study, he took out a book and asked do u think its interesting?? i was confused and told how can i tell the book is interesting without reading it?? he said , yeah thats what im trying to make u understand. just like u dont judge a book by its cover u cant judge a person by his religion, caste or language.everyone of us different and u should never have any prejudices towards anyone and should learn to accept people the way they are.u will meet all kind of people, some people from ur own religion can be horrible and sometimes u can have wonderful friends from other religion.that day he taught me a very valuable lesson. i try not be judgmental on the basis of religion,colour or caste.
    He had full faith in my abilities and never forced me for anything.even for marriage he never forced his ideas on me.i got married in a different religion and my in laws always praise me for respecting their customs. sometimes i wish dad was alive to see me getting married , i wonder how would he have felt about my dh. may be he would have been happy that his daughter did not judge a book by its cover and im sure he would have believed in me n my decision!

6 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.