1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Share - Weight Loss Motivation Tips ?

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by snehalJoshi, Feb 15, 2017.

1. snehalJoshi

snehalJoshi Silver IL'ite

How to keep yourself motivated while loosing weight?

I want to loose weight but I give up after very few days.

Reasons :
    • No exercise - Currently living in extremely cold weather and I do not even feel like going outside even for a small walk
    • Fatty food @ home - DH is a foodie and brings all sorts of food items loaded with calories. They taste good so I can't resist and end up eating. DH does not force me to eat but I can't control myself. Can't ask him to not bring those because he won't listen. How can I resist my urge?
    • Increased appetite - My appetite has increased after I became fat. Earlier 2 plain paratha/chapatis were my dinner but now they are like a snack item. Even if I diet and don't eat, I feel soooo hungry that I eat chapathi/paratha/rice/or something full of carbohydrates.
    Could you please share your tips?

2. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  3. aswathyk

aswathyk Gold IL'ite

Hi,

Please take cardio exercises inside your home. It help you to lose weight .
    please Google for cardio exercises.

Hope it helps!

Cheers.......

4. penpaal

penpaal Gold IL'ite

Hi @snehalJoshi we are in the same boat .. cold place , need to reduce wait .. same story...
    After pregnancy I gained 20 kg. I need to loose 14 more KGS to reach back in original form..

May be we can start from small steps . We can motivate each other to loose weight .Drinking 8 glass of water .. which is a small step for detoxification..

5. snehalJoshi

I live on an upper floor and the people leaving on the floor below us start complaining even if I run from one room to another to grab something quickly. :( Probably the wooden construction is a problem.

6. snehalJoshi

Motivating each other is a good suggestion :)

7. aswathyk

aswathyk Gold IL'ite

I have faced the same situation in my old apartment. Just take push up. It's a good cardio exercise and also a good exercise to burn belly fats.

Lets start.

8. snehalJoshi

:) Thanks

9. shifas

shifas Bronze IL'ite

@snehalJoshi i too feel hungry all the time and i feel guity after eating. If i resist then i will endup eating too much. I am now 63kg and i should be 55kg. Even though i dont luk fat i luk bulky. And people who didnt see me these years after pregnancy may not even recognize me:cry::cry::cry:
    My face arms hips everywhere there is fat. I tried exersicing few months back and it had a huge impact but every month that special days i just stop doing exercise and then it will be a long gap. And then somehow endedup doing nothing but just eating.

What i would suggest from my experience is you should daily exercise without any gap. If possible go for a walk. When you exercise somehow your brain will signal you how much to eat and when to eat. When i was exersicing i very well remember that i ate healthy food and stoped binge eating completely. When exercise stopped everything back to normal:tired::tired::tired::tired:
    So start exercising.
    Keep fit.

10. snehalJoshi

That is a good suggestion. The ONLY problem is need motivation to do exercise. I do it for a day or two and third day I don't because of lack of motivation. Knowing that I'm FAT is not enough for me to get motivated. :(