1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Share the reason why that Tamil song is so special to you.

Discussion in 'Music and Dance' started by NellaiMurugan, Oct 3, 2014.

1. NellaiMurugan

NellaiMurugan Silver IL'ite

Let me start first :

Ten years back, while I was in Tamil Nadu, me and my friend went to the marriage of our colleague. The place is called 'Pabanasam'. Me and my friend started from Tirunelveli in his TVS Suzuki motor bike. We reached the marriage venue in one hour. Attended the marriage, ate well and started our reverse journey.

The stretch was very beautiful. On the backdrop, the Western Ghats' beauty was in all its splendour. Somehow, my mind failed to appreciate it.

'Krreechch..!' A sudden noise and next second we both were on the ground, after a fall. The front wheel of the motor bike had got punctured. Lost balance, we fell down. Luckily not much injuries. There is no stepni tyre for motor bike. We were depressed , how to reach back to Tirunelveli.

One by one, we tried to stop the passing lorries. Many passed by without stopping. After 15 minutes, one lorry stopped. We lifted the bike and put it on the lorry. We sat in the seat near the lorry driver. Both of us were extremely tired and were having pain in the body here and there due to the fall on the road. The mood was depression and melancholy.

Suddenly, the lorry driver put a cassette into the audio system and played this song : "Senthaalam poovil vanthaadum thendral en meethu mothuthamma" . What a great coincidence ! The song's lyrics described the beauty of a hill side greenery. Exactly our lorry was passing through the scenic beauty of Western Ghats. So far, I did not appreciate the same during our onward journey to Paabanasam.

But, now, with body pain & exhaustion and with the depression of the punctured tyre, traveling in a lorry, I enjoyed the scenic beauty on both sides of the road. My mood was turning from Depression into Jubilation !

The credit for changing that painful moment into one of the most beautiful moments of my life goes to that song :

Here is it : Mullum Malarum - Senthazham Poovil song - YouTube

Now, having read my experience on that day, listen to this cute Tamil song. You will love it ! Meaningful lyrics and wonderful music !

1 person likes this.

2. NellaiMurugan

Even today, whenever I listen to this song, I recollect that beautiful day of my life spent on the roads of Western Ghats, as well as my wonderful childhood friend !

Friends ! you must be having one song in your mind, which must be rekindling some old sweet thoughts back ! Share that song and the reason why it is special to you, with us !

Thanks !

3. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

Nice one NM.

Was one of Mahendran's classic. Good to hear any time with the scenic or non-scenic since it can magically create the scene if it isn't there too.

At times situations like this would make it more memorable. Welcome to snippets.

1 person likes this.
  4. NellaiMurugan

Thanks for the feedback, GG !

Mahendran's classics ? Please quote one or two example songs for that.

5. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Welcome to snippet NM!
    When I read your snippet I did remember my first scooter accident though I can't relate to any song sequence.This was on a Sunday and my DH was taking me to office on his new Alwin Pushpak scooter. He was a fast walker as well as a fast driver. I think he nearly crossed 60 km speed when this happened. The scooter behaved like a drunkard as the tyre got burst.
    I got frightened and jumped off the scooter. By God's Grace the scooter also stopped and to my great relief my DH seemed to be ok and I too was not hurt seriously. Being Sunday there was no heavy traffic. Luckily an ambulance of our company passed that way and I got into it and after getting first aid went to office. See How duty conscious I was.
    After this first one I had another two and I have to write it in another snippet. But luckily I had only minor bruises and sprain.

your bike accident gave you a chance to admire nature through a beautiful song and also helped you in forgetting your pain.
    Nice snippet and keep writing.

PS

2 people like this.
  6. NellaiMurugan

Good that the injury was minor. But, you must have had pain ? Didn't that prevent you from going to duty straightaway from accident site ?

Thanks !

7. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shri Nellai Murugan,
    Very nice way of putting things.Soothing comes from unseen unheard corners.Music is a panacea.Continue writing your experiences.
    Jayasala 42

2 people like this.
  8. kalpavriksham

kalpavriksham Gold IL'ite

during my college days, during our lunch group, used to discuss all the old, gold songs.
    we did this all the three years at college

i can never get back those innocent, happy days.

my love for those old, lovely song will never die in me, even if i die.

wish you all the best in the snippet area NM

1 person likes this.
  9. jasmine25

jasmine25 Gold IL'ite

Hi NM,
    A warm welcome to Snippets! Amazing song indeed and happy to read your wonderful experience...one such favourite favourite song of mine is Kanne Kalaimane!!! my dad used to sing this song for me and now my hubby does the same..i get tears while i hear the lyric "Unnake uyiranen ennalum yennai ne maravadhe" when my dad and DH sing this for me...These two gentlemen are my real life heroes and am the apple of their eye...

1 person likes this.
  10. NellaiMurugan

Magical words ! Enough to make any one's eyes wet !