1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Share Best Birthday you had with DH

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by veeramachaneni, Oct 28, 2012.

1. veeramachaneni

veeramachaneni Platinum IL'ite

Hello IL's,

I know similar kind of threads already exists, But they mainly talk about gift ideas. I would like to know how Did your DH surprised you on your birthday??

I will go 1st :rotfl:rotfl MY DH is allergic to giving surprises. So Far I haven't gotten any Birthday Surprises (I got some other nice ones for Vday, Baby Shower)
    But I would like to listen to all the best Birthday celebrations you had with your DH.

2 people like this.

2. sruthi1981

sruthi1981 Junior IL'ite

he surprised me by cooking food for me and taking me to a temple which is a big thing as he does not go to temples. i like sarees, so he got a saree from his sister when she went to India, hid it from me and gave on my birthday, his selection is worst but i like it more than all my collections. after kids not many surprises, says he does not have time

2 people like this.
  3. Tashsin

Tashsin Gold IL'ite

My DH actually don't know how to give surprise and how to celebrate things:rant..BCz in MIL never celebrate any of his birthday and they don't celebrate holi Diwali...like others do just the formality..so he don't know..:bonk
    But on baby shower he gift me iPad..and on this birthday he gave me a beautiful Tiffany diamond ring, cake and in morning he play "bar-2 din ye aaye song...."..I was schoked BCz it was unbelievable ....so I hug him tightly for this beautiful surprise....I feel he is changing a bit..learning how to celebrate and enjoy...:cheers

3 people like this.
  4. veeramachaneni

That sounds like a wonderful Bday Sruthi. Thank you for sharing. That is so nice of him to remember it way ahead and ask your SIL to get a saree for your Bday. That is really sweet :)

1 person likes this.
  5. veeramachaneni

Hi Tashshin - A tiffany ring aww. Must be so beautiful. That is so nice of him to do that. :)

6. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

He got me a computer (surprise gift) for my first birthday after my wedding. Thus started my browsing habit.

2 people like this.
  7. veeramachaneni

That is nice. Browsing is so much better than asking DH to entertain you all day :) (At least that's what my DH would think)

2 people like this.
  8. SunNaa

SunNaa Platinum IL'ite

My first birthday after wedding was this year...earlier this mother actually...

my DH planned a surprise trip to Vegas, when we reached there...I had no idea where we were staying...so then I came to know we were putting up in Bellgaio and then there in Bellagio he had booked for a surprise dinner....:) then a surprise cake at 12...

In addition to the surprise trip...on my birthday morning...I got many gifts...dresses, shoes, bag, flowers, stuff toys, cake :)

It was the best birthday ever...and the most awesome surprises from the most wonderful husband in the world :) :kiss

3 people like this.
  9. meenueash

meenueash Platinum IL'ite

hi every one,
    interesting topic yaar...after married,on my first birthday, my hubby presented a beautiful saree for me...he doesnt know how to celebrate etc etc...but he presented saree a big thing for me...the next year what happend he totally forgot my birthday date...on that day, i had wait till afternoon and called him to ask what was the special today..he said nothing...then i told today my birthday..nothing he said...not even wish...i got angry ,when he returned home from office,i fought with him...

on the nextyear onwards he never forget my birth day....on the third birthday...he decorated my home, and put birthday card on every corner of my home and cut cake at midnight...i was very happy...cant express my feelings.

actually my birthday comes on december, so he teased me on december first itself, this month 2 festival comes...one is christmas..otherone what tell me like that....

Birthday celebrating with gifts, chocaltes ofcourse last but not least with hubby wonderful one.

3 people like this.
  10. veeramachaneni

Hi Sunnaa - 1st Birthdays are always special. That sounds so nice. I am glad you had fun and hope you celebrate many more birthdays like this.