1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Share And Share Alike

Discussion in 'Interesting Shares' started by Amulet, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Short men talking.....

2. Ouroboros

Ouroboros Silver IL'ite

A tiger who came to Calvin Klein
    Gone are the days of barbaric contraptions when tigers were lured with butchered and bloody carcasses. Welcome the days of perfume spraying to snare tigers. Here's a news article on how a predatory (female) tiger wreaking havoc in Pandharkawada, India has been proposed for capture. Douse a bottle of Obsession perfume marketed by 'Calvin Klein' fashion house to seduce the tiger besotted by the scent.

upload_2018-10-28_16-17-47.png

Calvin Klein fragrance could be used to lure killer tiger

The power of Obsession to lure big cats was first established by experiments at Bronx zoo in New York in 2003. The key ingredient is a synthetic version of the musk secreted by the civet, a small nocturnal mammal whose glandular liquid is prized for its powerful aroma.

But the innovation comes with a caveat. Ensure the bottle is not faux what with the Shanzhai goods infiltrating the markets.

“In 2015 there was a man-eater in Tamil Nadu, and so I requested CK Obsession to lure the animal,” he said. “I also tried using tiger urine but CK gave me better results.”

Chanel No 5 was also known to work, he said, “but because it is costly I use CK Obsession”. He said he advised officials hunting big cats to try spraying the perfume on their camera traps. “But I always have a word of caution,” he added. “Please use the original Calvin Klein perfume, not the one you buy in the market, because I don’t think they’re original.”

Calvin and Chanel should tap into this fragrance side-effect and extend their production line to feline-friendly perfumes.

(the title of the share is a play on Judith Kerr's acclaimed children's book A Tiger Who Came to Tea.)

3. saurabh123123

saurabh123123 New IL'ite