1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Shameless neighbour

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by mimi77, Mar 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pear

pear Gold IL'ite

Dear OP,

On a serious note you could inform the neighbor (matter of fact) that police following a tip off were checking up possible places of prostitution in your area frequently. Dont put a pointer towards her ,just a casual note .You could even add some vague comments like .....in a flat......residential area......with a concerned in bet.I dont think you could talk sense to her ,you could just put a little bit of fear to make her behave.

There is a opinion in the forum that the neighbor could do what she wants in her flat.But i dont agree on that point,if what you do inside the flat affects others outside then its objectionable eg)loud music.Another thing is that its some what embarrassing to stay near such a person (who displays available tag on them) as it affects the flats reputation too.

2 people like this.
  2. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

Yeah, thats true !
    One of our acquaintances was so shocked when the police raided his next door building - and there were really such goings on for 6 months and no one had known !!!

Two women had rented that flat from some absent owner and had been conducting their business !

It happens !!

1 person likes this.
  3. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Adults only party with strip tease by Savita Bhabhi....gigglingsmiley

ideasmileyOp....just send her a thank you card saying...."Thanks for your contribution at our party. You were the dessert."

8 people like this.
  4. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

For those that worry about husbands looking, how many women will you cover up so that your husbands don't look? Do you ban him from movies/magazines/websites and Bollywood in general?

sindmani, AprilLisa, Gauri03 and 7 others like this.
  5. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

I think OP is overreacting. What is expected of her ? Switch off all the lights and then wear nighties (Nighties :) .. Not again..) . Just because she lived in a western country doesn't make her a slut. Was she hitting on OP's husband ?
    What anyone does in their house is their business ! Nowadays in cities, the apartments are so closely located, that it becomes impossible to even talk louder. By the way who is looking at her late nights through her window ? :) Only she should file a police complaint.

2 people like this.
  6. mimi77

mimi77 Gold IL'ite

I have never even mentioned about my DH in this scenario........there are friends and relatives who keep visiting my home often and this lady's wearing such skimpy clothes with full lights on and curtains drawn off has had a much negative impact on them too.....Anyways I did not even have to take effort, she has been served a notice to vacate the house , as she is on rent with her two kids as she is into more nonsense activities as mentioned in the society general meet.....we unnecessarily do not defame people, be it in real world or virtual....who ever is making fun here and suggesting it is ok to wear skimpy clothes or not to wear at all is all pseudo....better evaluate yourself and then Come up with some honest opinion.....thanks.....And o yes, I have never mentioned her as a slut....

3 people like this.
  7. pear

pear Gold IL'ite

There is a diff bet a movie star giving an inviting look in a magazine/website/movie and your next door neighbor doing it live.Are you sure you did be able to keep a dump expression when your neighbor goes semi nude with high dose sexy invitation ?

Here lets not assume only husbands ,what about teen boys getting such sexy invitation?what about men who display themselves to invite/tempt married/unmarried/teen females?.Your feelings would be the same ?

Would you be able to answer questions about such daily display to small kids?
    The live aspect of this vulgur behavior would surely affect the kids more than the other version.

Watching a sex tape is not equal to watching it live .Its the same content, but how about your reaction to the live version ?the same one?

Its my POV vs your POV........................nothing against you.surrendersmiley

2 people like this.
  8. Sparkle

Sparkle Platinum IL'ite

Many of us have posted our opinions in different threads about us having the right to wear what we want to wear. In that POV, that neighbour also had/has her rights to wear whatever she chose to wear.

I don't understand what kind of invitation she sent across with her lights on and curtains wide open. May be she teased someone with her actions or touched herself inappropriately in front of kids/other women/other women's husbands?! That would be a matter of concern.

What I would have done here (and by this, I mean my honest opinion is): At first I would have ignored it, because that's happening in her house. Had it bothered me a lot, I would go and talk to her directly and understand/tell her what's going on. Talking directly would solve half the problem in most cases.
    Had I felt the need to take severe/legal action if I found something disturbing, I would do it later.

Even if a woman dresses in clothes acceptable to a society, if she is not very interactive or friendly, there is a chance for things turning against her.
    What is revealing and skimpy to one person might be comfortable and cool for the other. Such issues will always exist unless mutual respect for others perspective come in to picture.

PS: What if the neighbour was a guy? May be dressed in a very revealing or skimpy towel? Would a society shun him too?

9. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Frankly speaking...neighbors should have no say in what goes on in peoples lives in their homes.What next...someone's blouse is too tight,some one saree is too low .Why do women do this to each other?
    What kind of negative impact can some one wearing skimpy nightie at home make on visiting friends and relatives?Why are these people interested in looking?Why can't people draw their curtains instead?

No wonder.....the tent nighties are so popular.:coffee

sindmani, dsmenon, Gauri03 and 2 others like this.
  10. vidhyabaskar

vidhyabaskar Gold IL'ite

Not at all. After an anonymous letter, you will be inquisitive to see the consequences which will be obvious in your body language. She will guess it is you, who has dropped that letter.

No no to anonymous letters. Her body, her comfort level, inside her house and her right to be the way she likes.

You judging her as loose and 'inviting opposite sex', simply because of her dress is a regressive attitude.

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.