Shall I continue Progesterone whole pregnancy (or) till 12 weeks ?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by simplegal85, Dec 11, 2012.

1. simplegal85

simplegal85 Junior IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

I am 11 weeks today and taking oral progesterone twice daily.My doc told me to take them only till 12 weeks as placenta takes over the progesterone production later.But I have seen other posts where some women took those pills the whole pregnancy.I am very scared to go off them because I already had a m\c in June.

Friends please let me know if any one faced any complications after stopping the supplements.

-Simplegal

2. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Dear

Self medication of any sort is dangerous..

If someone else has been given progesterone, its because their Drs might have suggested seeing some case history

If you still have a doubt, you can ask your Doctor about continuing the same

rgds

3. vvvvvv

vvvvvv Silver IL'ite

For my first pregnancy, I went to India and there the doctor told me to continue till 7th month. I came back to US in 20th week. Here the dr told me to stop after 6 months. But I talked with the dr in India and continued till 7th month. For my second pregnancy, I was here and they told me to have only heparin shots till 5 months. I did not have any problem.

4. 6teenpearls

6teenpearls Gold IL'ite

your doc too knows your situation, have faith in her.. & do as she recommends!!! good luck to you
    best wishes..............

5. Yathriga

Yathriga Silver IL'ite

Follow your doctor. Usually the doctors will monitor the progesterone levels. If you still have doubt, try to know your progesterone level from the doctor, and you can google it to check whether it is low or high(at 11 weeks)...Then you will know!