1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sexual Needs Frustration - A Particularly Pathetic Example

Discussion in 'Wednesdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Oct 3, 2006.

1. uncannybal

uncannybal Senior IL'ite

It is sad that Radhika had to endure such a fate for no fault of hers. I for one enjoy a fiesty, straightforward person. I am sure if she had relocated to a bigger town she would have had no problem in finding someone to appreciate her qualities

Santosh

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

You are right, Santhosh. I also prefer such types of persons. Many of my heroines are like that. In fact in my controversial serial SHE the heroine abandons her husband and family and goes out in search of new relationships.

thanks for reviving interest in a long-forgotten discussion.

sridhar

3. jaijui0

jaijui0 Senior IL'ite

hi varalotti,
    absolutley . because she is a woman ..there always have been different standards for men and women. A man is able to get away with murder ..but not so a woman.
    i agree radhika should not have reacted so violently.. should have thought it out and then taken a step ..but it wouldnt have mattered ..she would still be at faiult ..sad
    thats society for u even now
    jaijui

4. varalotti

You are right jaijui. The society is still biased against women. And till we remove this bias completely our evolution as human beings is not complete.
    I am like an ant trying to move a mountain. All my writings are directed towards accelerating that evolution.
    thanks for the fb, jaijui
    love,
    sridhar

5. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

dear varalotti,
    read your episode. brilliant one presented in abrilliant manner. i also agree with poornima, the way of dealing this delicate issue was wrong on Radhika's part. you can say a"spade is a spade". but way of saying is there. this is applicable to both man and woman. but the pity in our society is we donot accept the girl's intelligence or induviduality (in the right form)
    i think "ayiram bharathi vandhalum idhai matra mudiyadhu". but i feel the look is slightly changing to better.if you do not mistake me, can i share one thing here.
    the same thing happened to one girl called Vidya not sexual things. this girl on her wedding day raised her voice against her would be inlaws who asked asilve article. It created havoc. t.v people came and interviewed her. overnight she became popular. but alas! you know what happened, after that nobody came forward to marry her. even after 7 years that girl is not able to get married. all think her as "sandaikozhi".
    hailed from amiddle class family, that girl is still waiting for a suitable man to come and marry her.that is the fate.
    thank you for giving me an opportunity and atleast for this i expect response from you. thank you for wishing my daughter jithiks.
    with love
    pad.

6. varalotti

dear pad,
    ever since you said that I did not respond to your post on Dowry I went back and searched all my responses and found that I have responded but you have not seen the response. In my reply to your kind wishes in LA 13 I have also given the links for my response. I expect at least you will see this response of mine.

Of course in these days you can't call a spade a spade in plain words. But there are occasions in life where when your needs are crushed and you are made to suffer you are compelled not just to say but holler 'a spade is a spade.'

I read about the vidya story. Vidya has to take a call on her situation. In fact even before raising a hue and cry she should have known that our society is still chauvinistic and that if she shouts she will be side-lined. She should know the price she would be paying for such an act.

In a way women are themselves responsible for such wrongs. After hearing about Vidya which mil will come forward to accept her as her dil.

But things are different today, Pad. There are not enough girls available in the marriage market. A very rich brahmin boy I knew went to see a girl. The girl said yes but the boy wanted to move with her for 3 months. They went out together. At the end of the third month the boy said yes but the girl said no.
    The girl is now happily married to somebody else. Of course the boy is also married. You see things are changing these days.

thanks for the response, Pad.
    love,
    sridhar

7. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Dear Sir,
    This is the first time iam writing an fb to a great writer, had always kept you in awe & dare not say anything (hoping that you may say in your mind don't waste my time).
    Then why is this fb? You touched on a topic that is very difficult to analyze.

In this case Radhika had a firm & strong reason that marriage cannot be consummated. She was young, with lots of hopes and dreams(don't forget our movies have showed how newly married couples behave) & then it shatters. Celibacy if self imposed is fine , one don't opt for celibacy unless you plan to follow a different path in life. She felt really cheated and she brought it out to the public.
    Ofcourse most men are ready to have relationship with no strings attached (entha punnai than pal kudikathe). It will be difficult to live with such men, but if you are strong, one still resist and tell them off.

But iam sure with borders vanished,globalization, if she is not looking her caste, her religion, her status type guy, there are many men who do not consider this something as hindrance.

If Radhika was mature a bit, she could have gone for a divorce silently without much ado , but ofcourse citing the true reason.

On a larger perspective: how many marriages have strong vibrant sex till the end? Lot of marriages are devoid of sex after sometime for some reason or other. How many ladies have gratifying sex? How many have just duty sex? How many men can satisy the women the way she wants?

All these are always swept under the carpet, for family and keeping together comes in.
    Jaya

8. rajiravi

rajiravi Bronze IL'ite

Dear Varalotti Sir,

Read the post for more then 4-5 times and also the FBs.

If it is just a story, as some of the ILites suggested, she could have just kept quite and get up every day morning with "manjal" and "nuni mudichu" in her hair and neatly dressed up like "kanavane kan kanda dheivam" she can give coffee to him and do her routine work.

But it is "her life", why should she keep quiet? Definitely, she has done what a normal, independant, woman with self-respect would do. Parents black-mailed him, etc, etc...are the excuses given by that man, it is just a drama, i can say, easy escapism. I just can not understand why nobody is willing to marry her, why nobody is understanding the reality? That is our SOCIETY:oops:.

Nicely narrated story. Really i liked it.

9. varalotti

Dear Padma,

thanks for the fb. Well to be honest, I am not a great writer. More than saying writing is my passion, I do not have much to claim in that area. And certainly I do not want to be an "awe-inspiring" person. I would prefer myself to be a 'love-inspiring' person. So there is no need to be afraid of me, Padma.

Well I have been thinking of persons like Radhika. Well you have given a sane counsel to Radhika. When we are cheated it is better not to publicize the fact. But try to silently compensate the loss. If only Radhika had silently filed for a divorce then there would not have been any problem. She could have talked to Krish and even could have opted for a mutual consent divorce.

Radhika could easily get men for an one-night stand, not for a life-long relationship. Men are afraid to go near a woman who has boldly advertised her husband's impotency. There is a deep psychological reason to it. Every man has a doubt deep inside his mind that he is not 'potent enough'. Radhika is likely to be rejected not only by the orthodox guys but also by the modern software guys living in metros.

And padma, you have raised another valid question. There are many women who are deprived of vibrant sex even when they are in their early forties. These poor creatures swallow everything for the sake of family and children and live a miserable life.

The reason for this is that most men get frustrated with their career at that time. And they lose interest in everything except money and cars.

thanks for the fb, Padma.
    I am now writing a new series Oh My God! I have posted the first episode. You may click the link below my signature to read it.Looking forward to see your fb there too. And for one more time let me assure you that I am in no way, 'awe-inspiring'
    love,
    sridhar

10. varalotti

Dear Raji,
    You are right. It's her life and there is no point in pretending to live it when actually she is in deep trouble.
    Forget about Radhika. I will give one even more pathetic example. You know a few years ago a lady stopped the marriage at the last moment because the bride-groom and his parents made unreasonable dowry demands.
    The boy was arrested and all. But the girl is still waiting for another groom.

I am sure that the boy would have somehow "finished" those cases and would have married again. But the girl is still not unmarried.

At times I am frustrated Raji. The society's stand is clear. It's okay to demand dowry and harass the girl's family. But it is not okay for a girl to stand up against such cruel demands.

God alone can save us,that is if he is interesting in saving an unjust society like ours.

love,
    sridhar