1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sexual Favous for a Signature - My short story in Dinamalar

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Jul 29, 2007.

1. abhatv

abhatv Senior IL'ite

Hello Varalotti sir,

I have just read your story and hats off to girls like Mr. Durai's daughter. If only all the ladies exhibit half of her spunk, the world would be a much better place to live in. And I think sexual harasment exists not only in workplace but it is universal and mostly beacuse the ladies hesitate to raise their voices against it for which I belive the society is largely to blame. You must have heard of the ages old saying-even if I say it in Malayalam you would surely understand-ila mullil veenaalum, mullu ilayil veenalum ilakkanu kedu(if leaf falls on thorn and vice versa).....

Regards,

Abha.

2. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello TDU,

It is not that the links you gave to some wonderful work done regarding women's welfare are being ignored by the IL ites. If not all, definitely few of them would have read it and found it to be informative. May be they did not comment or provide a feedback for this thread is originally about VR's story and feedback for the same.

Definitely people like your wife are doing wonderful and hard work for welfare of women. Please pass on my regards to her on behalf of all IndusLadies. Only such good work help lot of women to survive through difficult situations.

Malathy

3. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Hello Abha,

thanks for the nice words. I would say more than the society, it is the women who are to blame. Women, if they raise their voices, can do anything. But women are peace lovers, status-quo lovers and there lies the problem.

I remember an incident which happened when I was in college. I and my friend were in a very crowded exhibition. As we were walking in the crowds, a girl, of my age, almost dashed against me. I was too startled even to speak. (Or may be, the girl was good looking and therefore I enjoyed it, honestly I don't know)

The girl stopped and apologised to me. But what my friend said in response still rings in my ears.

"Madam, had the tables been reverses, had he done the same thing and if only you had raised your voice, we both would have been torn to pieces."

The only suggestion I have for women who want to raise their voice is this. Be blameless before doing it.

Thanks Abha, once again.
    regards,

4. ish_nalini

ish_nalini Senior IL'ite

I am spell bound Mr.Rengasamy!!!
    It was a nice punch for people who do sexual harassment...

5. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Can it please be translated in English?
    Thanks
    Chocolate

6. varalotti

Hi Chocolate,
    I have already done that. Please see post #38 in this thread. It is the full translation of the story
    regards,

7. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Its a wonderful wonderful story. Its always parents teaching kids.Here the daughter teaching her father. As usual a great great story.

Regards.
    P.S Are all stories in Tamil here in Translations too.Sorry for not looking thru the whole thread.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2008
  8. varalotti

Thanks a lot, Chocolate.
    Many times it is the child who teaches us valuable lessons. I have learnt many from my daugther.
    thanks once again,
    regards,

9. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar sir,i read this story in the book itself ,but iam sorry that time i don't have comp',so late reply,superb story.:clap:clap

10. varalotti

Thanks Vivibass for your kind words.
    regards,