1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Sewing/Tailoring/Stitching : Salwar,Kameez,Chudidhar, Punjabi,Patiala Instructions

Discussion in 'Sewing & Stitching' started by sunkan, Aug 27, 2005.

1. artvani

artvani Platinum IL'ite

Re: Sewing/Tailoring/Stitching : Salwar,Kameez,Chudidhar, Punjabi,Patiala Instruction

Oil the machine well.check the tension of bobbin thread and the tension from the spool are same.Thread the machine properly.Even then if the machine did not work properly get it serviced.

2. artvani

artvani Platinum IL'ite

Re: Sewing/Tailoring/Stitching : Salwar,Kameez,Chudidhar, Punjabi,Patiala Instruction

Hi padmathi we do the zigzag stitching by doing reverse stitching and front stitching by changing the direction/No special technique.In the beginning draw light pencil lines and stitch.you will understand.

3. naliniraut

naliniraut Bronze IL'ite

I have to stitch a traditional costume for my son. Can someone please give me some hints and suggestions for drafting and stitching a Kurta Pajama for him. I don't have any formal training for stitching but thanks to Indus ladies I have managed to stitch couple of simple salwar kurtas for myself but none for boys.
    waiting for some ideas.
    Regards
    Nalini

4. deepikachhabra

deepikachhabra New IL'ite

Hi
    Draft of salwar top is quite useful for me. thanks

5. vrushalic

vrushalic New IL'ite

hello everyone!!! i m new to this blog!! i love this blog. i like the work done by u all. i m new to stitching. i want to make a Anarkali dress for my daughter. i want to make anarkali dress without panels, just like umbrella cut without waist band and with lot of flare. So please anyone can give me the drafting instruction for this it will be appreciated.

Thank you.

6. visvas

visvas New IL'ite

Re: Sewing/Tailoring/Stitching : Design / Drafting/ Cutting Salwar, Chudidhar, Blou

hello ladies i am totally new here would lik to knw d cmplt process of stitching for a salwar top including how to stitch the neck and the slits............plz do help me out wid dis

7. Deepakasiraman

Deepakasiraman New IL'ite

Re: Sewing/Tailoring/Stitching : Salwar - Kameez, Chudidhar, Punjabi Dress Instructio

Dear Vanaja mam
    You have given the step 5 to 6 in bottom draft. But in the picture 6 is not there . please let me know where the point 6 will come.

Regards,

Deepa

8. annkangappadan

annkangappadan New IL'ite

can anyone tell me how to stitch high v neck on salwar kameez? and also how to do piping or patchwork on salwar kameez?

9. sharadau

sharadau Gold IL'ite

dear boons regarding the problem you are facing you first see whether you have fitted the shutle, bobin case properly in the machine. you have to fix the proper bobin into the bobin case, the thread should be wounded prperly and when you insert the bobin case into the shutle you should hear a sound.the tension in the upper thread and lower should be equal. try on a waste cloth till you get the satisfaction of the stiches.

10. amrita16soni

amrita16soni New IL'ite

Re: Sewing/Tailoring/Stitching : Salwar - Kameez, Chudidhar, Punjabi Dress Instructio

hi,
    i was searchin throughout d internet for dhoti pattern n dis was helpful post, but i wanted to stitch same pattern for my 3 months old baby for diwali. can u help me wid the measurements. i dont know how much cloth is required for 3 months baby. plz help me.