1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Severe Hair Loss...any Remedies Pls..

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by gknew, Apr 4, 2017.

1. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Hi all,
    I am having severe hair loss..its been there for couple of months..I used to have a hair loss even before this...but not a huge amount of hairs...

I can see a bunch of hair immediately falling off (if I just place my hands in my head) after waking up in the morning..some more during combing and more n more during hair wash..every time its bunch of hairs...the volume is reduced a lot and my hair looks so thin now..I used to have a good thick volume of hairs.. I haven't had this much loss before...not during my pregnancy too..

I have moved to US last year and not much hair loss in the initial months. So it just started a couple of months back. Using the same shampoo,oil etc.. No change in that.. The only change is, I have started using my hair dryer in high heat(recently). I dry my hair in high heat. Is that a cause for huge hair loss?

I have tested my throids recently and it was normal too. What could be the cause and any home remedies which you have tried for hair loss? Please share in your thoughts...

Thanks.

2. Agniamber11

Agniamber11 Bronze IL'ite

Dryer and change of water can cause havoc for the hair. I started losing lots of hair as the water was not good. Nevertheless tried all types of herbal oil for hair. Finally my beautician told me to make this hair oil at home. Got 1 big bunch of curry leaves, washed and dried it. Then ground it in mixie coarsely. In Kadai, heated 1cup coconut oil, 1/2cup castor oil and added these curry leaves powder. Slow heat for 15-20mins till the oil becomes dark green in color. Let it cool and then sieve it. Store it in glass bottle.

Been using it for 6 months, there has been slight improvement. The smell on the hair is not great though !

aswathyk and gknew like this.
  3. Sneha999

Sneha999 Senior IL'ite

Dryer can cause the hair loss because it causes the hair to lose it moisture and hence the hair strands become weak.Hair loss can be caused by many reasons....It can be the food you take or environment or dandruff ,etc.Are u anemic? I used to be anemic and lost 60% of my hair.Then I used many medicines and consulted different doctors.But none of them worked.Then I started drinking beetroot juice( made completely from beetroot, not even added water) and mixed it with a spoon of honey and drank it in the morning everyday for 6 months and around the 3rd month I had significant growth of my hair and I stopped drinking it after 6 months.But my hair is growing good even after stopping.Try this even if u r not anemic because it cleanses your blood therefore it can cause hair growth.

And also try applying onion juice( onion done in mixer results onion paste with juice) to your hair before head bath and leave until it's dry(mostly 1/2 hour to 1 hour) and then have a head bath.It cleans your scalp and make your hair follicles strong.This recipe works wonders.It even prevents dandruff.And if possible try drying your hair naturally since it keeps the moisture in the hair,at least until you find hair growth again.Hope this helps

4. Agniamber11

Agniamber11 Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for the tips. I m not anemic but will try the beetroot juice. Onion paste on head sounds good. Will give it a shot. Didn't realise that its good for strong hair follicles. Glad for reminding me about onion, my grand mother used to heat coconut oil with cut onion for few minutes till onion's essence was in the oil. That oil was used to apply on hair. Then wash it after an hour.

Sneha999 likes this.
  5. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Will try this oil..thanks for this idea...

6. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Thanks for the reply. I will try onion juice and beetroot juice..

7. aswathyk

aswathyk Gold IL'ite

Onion juice is a better option for hair loss and it will improve the hair growth

8. kavithas2217

kavithas2217 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Friends,

There is a miracle oil available in India, which cures hairfall, dandruff and other hair related problems. The oil is called "Om shakti herbal hair oil". The oil is purely organic and home made. You can contact Bhuvi Eeshwari on 9880234350. You can check the FB page for more testimonials:

Om Shakthi Organic Herbal Hair Oil!

I personally have used the oil and the results are instantaneous. People staying outside India can ask any friends/relatives who will be travelling to bring the oil.

9. hannah8989

hannah8989 New IL'ite

I have tried many natural products and some of them didn't work at all. I don't know whether this is just a tradition of using these things or there is a belief element in it. I haven't been happy with my thinning hair for many years and the only option for me that works is a concealer, because it's affordable and works straight away. I personally use Volume Hair Plus as I prefer a hair spray as my dermatologist recommended it to me, there are many others you could try. Sometimes after washing my hair when I look in the mirror I can't believe how much more volume these concealers give. Don't give up, there are solutions.

10. Ammu2886

Ammu2886 Gold IL'ite

Hi gknew
    Please check for your Vit D level once .

gknew likes this.