Severe gastric problem during pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Latha111, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Latha111

Latha111 New IL'ite

Hi iam5 weeks pregnant ...iam facing severe gastric problem during my pregnancy with severe belchings ..I feel like throwing up...can anyone pls suggest solution for my problem

2. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

Congrats :) Its just starting. You need to sail through it :( I had it with my first pregnancy nothing helped and as it became worse doc gave me Zantac after first trimester.

Check with your doc.

3. Latha111

Latha111 New IL'ite

Doc told me o take Prilosec ...but iam afraid of taking it...any home made solution

4. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

Try lemon juice, Butter milk.. Stop all fried food and root vegies. Trust me its very common in pregnancy. Keep yourself hydrated. if it gets worst follow what you're doc says.

5. Latha111

Latha111 New IL'ite

Can we eat anything during pregnancy....pls tell me

6. galwidpassion

galwidpassion Silver IL'ite

Thats pretty normal dear.. Congrats on your pregnancy... The belches will be der atleast till end of 3rd month and then they gradually disappear. You can try drinking water boiled with vamu(in telugu,no idea what they call it in english)

1 person likes this.
  7. JazzyJazz

JazzyJazz Silver IL'ite

I had asofoetida(hing) powder in hot water and it really helped me a lot and is very safe in pregnancy. You can add the same in butter milk also and drink for instant relief or try a small walk.

8. Dwirakhi

Dwirakhi Silver IL'ite

Dear Latha,

Belching, bloating, gas formation in the stomach and heart burns are a normal feature in the pregnancy. I understand that it does not make you feel normal. Now instead of looking at these signs as a problem if we look at them as signs that could find us a solution to this problem. I am sure you will start feeling better and find your answers.

Belching and gastric problems in pregnancy indicate that may be you need to fine tune your eating habits and make a few changes. It is your bodies making of telling you to eat regularly, find out what kind of food suits you at what time of the day, the right portion that your stomach can handle at one particular meal and digest it effectively and also gets you to improvise on the quality of the content of your meals.

Keep a food recall chart; ask yourself these following questions

 When does the belching start, when is it better. Is it related to a particular time of the day?
     Is the gastric irritation related to certain food?
     Is it related to food at certain temperature?
     What gives me relief from this problem?
     Am I following any instructions given by someone and forcing myself to follow it even though it is not helping me at all?
     What is the right portion that I am eating which does not make me burp?

Once you have answers to the following questions you will have a lot of clarity as to how to solve your problem.

Also giving you certain tips that you need to follow in your diet pattern.

Some basic things

a) Eat what you can digest.

b) Eat on time. Eating on time will ensure your blood sugar levels are consistent; you will have energy throughout the day. Your body will have faith on you and not start converting everything you eat to fat. You will have a command over your portions and will not crave for junk.

c) Don’t skip or delay the big meals or replace them with fruits, it will increase acidity.

d) Don’t stay on an empty stomach for more than two hours have a small bite of anything.

e) Drink water on a regular basis throughout the day. There is no other better replacement to water so please stick to more water and avoid fruit juices or tender coconut water regularly. Occasional intake is advisable.

f) Avoid junk and fatty food, this kind of food gets difficult to digest.

g) Get a good walk, helps digestion.

h) Stay happy and cheerful good for the stomach and digestion too…

After finding answers to the above questions and following the tips if you can work out a routine with your food, try it fill up a diet recall chart and send it. We can help you further.

Take Care, God Bless