1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

severe constipation in 2.7 yr old,bleeding pl help..

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by daffodiill, May 28, 2012.

1. daffodiill

daffodiill Silver IL'ite

Dear IL's my son is 2.7 yrs old and he is having constipation severely..he is not able to pass his stools,i made him to do and there was blood all over his stools.he is now hesitating to sit even in potty and saying its paining. i been observing from last one month that he is constipating and tried very home remedy..like lots of water,honey in warm water, i took him to doc also..he says that no medicine should be given for constipation try with other remedy..but nothing is working..today he is crying and is not sitting in potty..plz suggest me some ways for this constipation. plz do help,my son is bleeding ..that is blood is seen in some places of the stools and it is freak..i knew that his rectum is being teared so this happens so i need ways to make his stools normal and easy fro passing..pl do reply at the earliest..thank you in advance..

2. nikhath

nikhath Senior IL'ite

Hi daffoodiill, really sorry to hear about your child. Can you please tell me which part of India you stay in. I can tell you in detail about the product to Improve your child's condition.

3. anugamit

anugamit Platinum IL'ite

daffoodiill,

You can try giving him half tablespoon of castor oil. I have heard castor oil helps in constipation. If you have tried everything, try this also. Hope this helps.

1 person likes this.
  4. daffodiill

daffodiill Silver IL'ite

thank you anu...this got completely out of my mind..i will try. .that too..thanks again..

5. daffodiill

daffodiill Silver IL'ite

i am now at vacation nikhath..in coorg....

6. chotabheem

chotabheem Gold IL'ite

try raisins soaked in warm water. Also give loads of water and liquids. you can give papaya and banana. Papaya works wonders for constipation.
    My paed suggested Livoluk syrup in case of extreme contipation when my DS was 8 months old.
    If its bleeding, its severe, pls stop trying home remedies and visit the DOC asap.

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2012
    4 people like this.
  7. Nijasav

Nijasav IL Hall of Fame

Raisin warm water helps.
    And also Livoluk syrup helps.
    And
    Apply little oil in that place, it helps to lubricate and stops bleeding also

1 person likes this.
  8. daffodiill

daffodiill Silver IL'ite

thanks for your suggestions dear..as i am at coorg i have seen the local doc only..thought going to main city for a good pead..i will surely try papaya..only thing is my son will not take it but anyway i will try..

9. daffodiill

daffodiill Silver IL'ite

sure will try it out ..thanks for your reply..oil point is something i did'nt know..thanks again..

10. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

hi,

As you have mentioned your son is having constipation since one month and you find blood in stools. I am sure he has got some infection or anaemic. Anaemic and infection both causes bloody stools. Try to visit doctor as soon as possible. Until you meet doctor try to give him a lot of fruit juice freshly made. Lot of tender coconut water. i dont know much well about papaya but i have heard it causes heat. If it was only constipation then no problem to use papaya but he is also bleeding. Best will be to find some good doctor. If you dont find good allopathy doctor visit some homeopathy doctor.

tc

1 person likes this.