Severe Cold During Pregnancy, Will It Affect My Baby?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Meenu1991, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Meenu1991

Meenu1991 Bronze IL'ite

Hi everyone

Am in 37 weeks and 2 days back had a throat infection. I took some home remedies like salt water gargling, oil pulling and had warm fluids all day. But it later developed to a severe cold and runny nose with a mild fever. My doc has given me a tablet- sinarest.

Am worried if these might affect my baby.

Please help me !!

2. WiseAgnes

WiseAgnes Gold IL'ite

Hi, dear
    Please, don't worry. Sinarest is a safe choice for pregnant women and it wouldn't affect a baby. Make sure you get enough rest, fluids all day long and salt water gargling is a great idea. Just try to relax, get plenty of sleep and enjoy your pregnancy. Pretty soon, your newborn won't let you sleep :) I'm a doctor myself and a mom of two kids if you were wondering. Good luck!

RohiniVenkat likes this.
  3. Sunburst

Sunburst Platinum IL'ite

Cold and fever won't affect your baby. I had it during my pregnancy and infact I never took any medicines for cold . I just let it run it course . No complications whatsover and I delivered a very healthy baby.

4. deeprapriya

deeprapriya Gold IL'ite

Have turmeric,pepper mixed with milk... U can have it twice, this will reduce the cold...Also apply vicks on Nose,throat and head.... you will feel better.... dnt worry, it will not affect the baby.

Sweety82 likes this.
  5. Meenu1991

Meenu1991 Bronze IL'ite

Thank you Glad to know it is safe to have those tableta during pregnancy. Since i also had severe runny nose and chest congestion she has given novamox for 5 days. I think its an antibiotic. Is it also safe?

6. Meenu1991

Meenu1991 Bronze IL'ite

Hi sunburst

Yea even i thought i can manage without medicines and tried all home rememdies, but it got worst over time. So had to take these medicines :( Am scared when i keep coughing a lot.
    Hope the baby is doing fine inside.

7. Meenu1991

Meenu1991 Bronze IL'ite

Hi deeprapriya

Am taking turmeric and pepper milk every night, and warm fluids throughout the day. Hoping the cold goes away soon !

8. Sunburst

Sunburst Platinum IL'ite

It will go away on its own . Baby will be fine. You can always take honey or turmeric milk ,ginger concoction for relief but there is no real cure for cold.

9. DrVandhana

DrVandhana Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    I would like to suggest certain home remedies which can safely be used during pregnancy. Slice 6-8 shallots thinly or even crush them to make it a fine paste, add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 1 tbsp honey to it . Take one spoon of this mixture every 2-3 hours throughout the day. Repeat for 4-5 days. This will bring out sputum and reduce your cough. Salt water gargling is a good remedy. U should support your belly down with your hand while coughing. It wont affect your baby. If you are sleeping directly under the fan, please avoid it. Also do not use A/C for long hours. Avoid circumstances where you would profusely get sweat. Take rest. Take hot water throughout the day. Add a piece of dry ginger and cumin seeds while boiling the water. Keep warm cloth/ hot water bag over your chest for a relief. Hope that you get better soon.

10. GeethaMohan

GeethaMohan New IL'ite

Pregnancy clothes are designed not just to fit well, but also to protect your growing bump. These clothes are designed to keep your baby safe from harm. A stretchable fabric makes them feel comfortable without feeling too tight. With the right material, they also keep you warm and non-sweaty.As your baby bump grows, you may be unable to fit into your normal clothes. I found good quality maternity wear at below website at factory prices. Hope it helps. www.saiblossoms.com