Severe Bleeding During 13th Week...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Jeevasaro, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Jeevasaro

Jeevasaro Silver IL'ite

Hi ILs,
    I have been TTC for 2 years and I got my first IUI nd conceived with twins..During 11th week I bleeded which is a mild one but I rushed to the hospital my baby was fine...Now am in 13th week... I got a severe bleeding without pain yesterday like within 10 mins I soaked my pad..
    Then I went to hospital again I got a vein injection to stop bleeding.. I scanned and my baby is doing fine but doctor said I have low lying placenta so she asked to take complete bed rest...
    Does anyone know about this low lying placenta...I googled it is named as placenta pervia.. many people reviewed differently I can't satisfied about those reviews...
    If anyone faced this issue please share with me what should I do now ? Is it create problem for baby or during delivery? Am totally worried...

2. mom2nov

mom2nov Senior IL'ite

Low lying placenta and placenta previa have a small difference. While you know that cervix is an opening where baby slides and comes out during birth, placenta previa is where placenta grows on cervix and low lying placenta means placenta is very near to cervix.
    With daily activities and placenta growing there can be a tear on cervix leading to bleeding which is dangerous.
    With low lying placenta, placenta can move up eventually as baby grows. I had low lying placenta. It didnt move away from cervix until 16 weeks. I went on complete bedrest and put my feet raised on pillow while on bedrest. By 26th week placenta moved up and by 32nd, it went to safe distance.
    Not sure if placenta moves with placenta previa. The only thing which helps is complete bedrest. Get up only for bathroom breaks and to eat.

PavithraS and Jeevasaro like this.
  3. Jeevasaro

Jeevasaro Silver IL'ite

Thank you so much dear... Right now like u said am in complete bed rest only...
    Feel relieved after seeing ur msg.. :)

4. Meenu1991

Meenu1991 Bronze IL'ite

Hi jeevasaro

I just delivered my baby 20 days back. I had low lying placenta.
    Same like yours i had slight discharge on 11th week and bleeded heavily on my 13th week. Scan was normal and everything was fine. I bleeded continously for 15 to 20 days soaking a pad a day. Even i was so scared and cried all the time. But dont worry, everything went well after that.
    I was completely on bed rest. I got up only for using the washroom and for having food, which i had on bed. My mom made sure i never got up nor sat on my bed. I was always on sleeping position.
    I was like this till my 6th month end. By 7th month it was still low lying but it moved a little and i was allowed to walk inside the house. My 8th month it completely moved away and i was asked to start walking.
    So follow the same thing. Be at rest. If possible keep a pillow under your legs while sleeping.
    I took a progesterone oil injection from 5th month, once in 15 days.
    As long as scan results are fine, dont worry. Everything will be fine.
    For most of them placenta moves away from low lying position, if it doesn't then a normal delivery is not possible and a c section is performed.
    Be on complete bed rest. I know its difficult, but engage yourself by reading books, listening to songs, movies etc and keep praying. :)
    Take care !!

5. Jeevasaro

Jeevasaro Silver IL'ite

Thank you Meenu that was really helpful :)

6. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

Hi just like others have said please have complete bed rest if placenta is low lying . I have read lots about it . Don't worry all it needs is rest .
    Wishing you lots of good wishes ...happy months ahead .

Jeevasaro likes this.
  7. Jeevasaro

Jeevasaro Silver IL'ite

Sure Ashima... Thank you so much :)

8. Rakshini

Rakshini Silver IL'ite

Hi jeevasaro,dont panic.friend of mine had this issue,as everyone said she was put on complete bedrest.just u can use your restroom and for having food you can get up.otherwise always in lying position.i know it will be difficult but please continue.Read slogam of Garbarakshambigai . since your are going to be in bed rest be careful about your diet.dont strain in toilet.take care

Jeevasaro likes this.
  9. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Rest well jeevasaro until the conditions improve. Many ppl have carried the pregnancy to full term with low lying placenta. Stay strong and positive.
    Sticky baby dust to you.

Jeevasaro likes this.