1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Serious Gastric Problem During Periods

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by Socialbee, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Socialbee

Socialbee Silver IL'ite

Hello ladies,
    Of late, period days have become terrifying for me because serious gas trouble.
    I m maintaining good diet and avoiding all gassy foods few days before and during periods. I m all bubbly and happy till a day before period. But all of a sudden from nowhere this horrible comes in as soon as my periods start.
    It hurts me throughout the body and I am unable to carry out any of normal chores.
    This also hinders my office work. Every month I have to give excuses and it’s starting to feel very awkward for me.
    I tried multiple things, motrin, midol, charcoal. But nothing is working.
    Does anyone has any effective fast relief for this problem?

Thanks in advance!

2. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Did you consult with a gynecologist to rule out endometriosis? This could be regular PMS but it’s best to get it checked out.

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  3. amunique

amunique Gold IL'ite

please consult a gyne soon because i too had this and even now its not fully gone. i had been operated for gall stones recently as well and have endometriosis too. i am not on medication though.

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  4. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

Gastric problem arises when we eat something of that type or remain empty stomach for long. You can keep some biscuits at your bedside while sleeping and have some of it at the time you wake up. As we do not eat anything at night and even when wake up in morning we eat after finishing some chores that may lead to that problem. Try it it may help.

GeetaKashyap and uniquename like this.
  5. Socialbee

Socialbee Silver IL'ite

I have not visited gynaec in this regard yet. Will schedule an appointment soon. Thanks!

GeetaKashyap and Sandycandy like this.
  6. Socialbee

Socialbee Silver IL'ite

Did you experience gas pain only during periods or other times as well?

7. Socialbee

Socialbee Silver IL'ite

I keep eating little after specific intervals. But it didn’t help. This happens to me only during periods. So, I am more concerned now. Have been trying bunch of things to stop this, but none is helping. I think its time to go to doctor:(

8. amunique

amunique Gold IL'ite

well during periods time its high.

9. Socialbee

Socialbee Silver IL'ite

So you had the pain during non-period days too? Any other symptoms that can help me confirm its endometriosis? I am planning to go to gynaec but the thought of intrusive testing scares me a bit.

10. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

During periods, some constriction in the lower abdomen is experienced by some.It could also be that unconsciously you avoid visiting toilets! Check if you are constipated due to the above reasons. Uncleared bowels could increase gastric issues. Practicing some relaxation techniques and increased intake of fibrous foods could resolve your problem:)