1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Senior Citizen

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Feb 6, 2018.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

You are strong when you Know your weaknesses….
    You are beautiful when you Appreciate your flaws….
    You are wise when you Learn from your mistakes…

In my thread Every New day is another n
    ew day to change your life I had posted a quote

The real beauty of old age is that it is a boon to every human being as it is the indication of maturity, inexhaustible knowledge, intelligence and wisdom

for which Cheeniya Sir, my dear anna had given feedback as below
    A nephew of mine once told me that he learnt a lot from my old age. I was quite pleased and asked him what has he learnt from me. He said 'I have learnt from you the qualities I must avoid when I get old!' I was deflated like a punctured balloon.
    Old age may have all the beauty that you list out but the crux of the matter is whether we possess those qualities. I have seen old people who make everyone run for cover on seeing them. Of all the qualities an old person must have, the most important is dignity. It can be easily earned by keeping our mouth shut.
    Sri

True now a days Senior Citizens have to live their life and if they want to lead a life of dignity they have to keep their mouth shut.

In my parents days , they lived in a joint family and the women never used to come in front of their father in law. Those days there were no furnitures , people used to sit down only.

In my days also senior citizens were respected and those days we had fear and without our parentsknowledge we never used to do anything. so much fear we had in our mind.

But now times have changed there are no joint families, there are people who respect elders but still not much like before. Senior citizens in many cases like to stay alone and look after them as they feel they are better off staying alone and the relationship with their children will also be more.

When we go out also only in some places we are respected and taken care . The other day we got into an auto thinking he will come but he said he cant come . When we got th enext auto that guy was saying what happened u did not get that auto I said no, he was feeling bad saying after seeing you seniors also he told you to get down. I told now a days all are same.

Before my son's marriage we got a house for him as our house was small from the vrs money I got, half I paid and the other half he paid through loan and after marriage he got a bigger house. though we stay in diffeent houses we keep in touch. I am a good mother in law to my daughter in law because I dont interfere in their life , so we get good respect , if anything is there I tell my son who does according to my will. For his Company he is a Director but for us he is our dear son and has always respected us and listened to us. He has never argued with his father . We are blessed to have a son like him.

If you want to be respected by others, the great thing is to respect yourself. Only by that, only by self-respect will you compel others to respect you.
    Treat people the way you want to be treated. Talk to people the way you want to be talked to. Respect is earned, not given.
    Never judge someone by the way he looks or a book by the way it's covered; for inside those tattered pages, there's a lot to be discovered.

shreepriya, Sandycandy, Mistt and 3 others like this.

2. amunique

amunique Gold IL'ite

really liked this In my thread Every New day is another n
    ew day to change your life....

Sandycandy and iyerviji like this.
  3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Viji
    I was thrilled to see that you have quoted what I had written to you once. It has always been my dream to see me quoted at least by one person in my life and you have made it happen.
    I must show you a Quote that I had seen in Readers Digest's Quotable Quotes and I loved it.
    Sri

iyerviji likes this.
  4. iyerviji

My dear Anna

Thanks for your like , glad to get it.

5. iyerviji

Before seeing your feedback I posted and glad to get your feedback my dear Anna . It is my pleasure anna to quote your post , glad I am the first person to quote and make your dream come true. I am not able to read the Readers Digest quotes. Today I am very happy getting the second feedback from you, thanks very much anna.

6. iyerviji

7. iyerviji

Thanks dear

8. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Well said, vijima. Your words are worth practicing without waiting for the onset of oldage.:)

Oldage is tough because of health issues and a sense of redundancy one goes through. Learning to be content, having a purpose to live for and being stigy with words I guess solves many issues.

9. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Oh really Cheeniya Sir? I thought you don't like quoting you and I just mentioned your name in my reply to Teenu Lahari's Peechu mithai thread.:blush:
    I missed that opportunity to thrilled you.:shakehead:

Cheeniya likes this.
  10. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Mistt
    I was joking with my sister. I am a very low profile man.
    Sri

Mistt likes this.