Senior Citizen should be a Role Model to the youngsters

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by iyerviji, Jun 30, 2011.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

By the time we become Senior Citizens we have so much experience in life whether good or bad. Some might have gone through many difficulties when they were young and learning from their experiences by the time they become Senior Citizens they are well settled in life.

Its better to go through diffciulties when we are young as when we grow old we dont have the strength to face the difficulties. Senior Citizens look out for love and affection when they reach that stage.

After becoming Senior Citizens they should adjust with everyone and be a guide to everyone. Its better not to have expectations from others and allow the youngsters have their own life but at the same time help them out when they need. If advice is give to youngsters in a friendly and affectionate manner they wil llisten to them and follow their advice.

Senior Citizens can tell the youngsters their experiences and from them the youngsters will be able to learn what is life and have their life accordingly. Now a days children are very smart and talented and know what is right and wrong. They have respect for elders.

1 person likes this.

2. mickeymini

mickeymini Gold IL'ite

Yahoo!!!!! finally i got an opportunity to give you the first fb. Whatever you said is true about senior citizens vijima. If they dont try to interfere in the youngsters life they also will give respect to seniors. And regarding giving advices also if it in a friendly manner rather than an orderly one the youngsters would really consider it.

3. yams

yams Platinum IL'ite

Dear viji ma!

Also i would like to add one more they may be born and brought up with silver spoons during young age but after they become old when they stay with their IN laws they should try to adjust with them and their children! behaving childish at old age sometimes may lead to irritation which may turn to be the mail reason for them to go to old age homes!

4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Mickey dear I am also glad to see you first here. I agree with your view.s[

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Yams dear thanks for your visit and for sharing your views

6. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Very well said Vijima. I would go to the extent of saying that elders like you are an example to other seniors too.

7. sravanitenali

sravanitenali IL Hall of Fame

Hello Vijima

Though this is first FB to your posts...i really love to read ur posts vijima...they are very informative, guidance to the younger generations...

regarding this post ur write up soo nice....and u r absoulutely true :)

Sravani

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Satchi dear thanks for your appreciaton

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

/Sravani dear glad to have your first fb to myposts. Glad you like my posts and thanks for your appreciation.]

10. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Dear Aunty,
    I have seen senior citizens of both types : ones who are role models and ones who are the exact opposite (infact, youngsters serve as role models to them!)

I would suggest that you become the role model for those senior citizens who are immature, egoistic and have other bad qualities, as they may listen to someone from their age group.