1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Sending package to India

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by bharthi, Jan 21, 2007.

1. bharthi

bharthi Junior IL'ite

Hello All,

What is the cheapest and most reliable way to send a small package to India? My friend had a baby recently in India and I am trying to send some baby gifts from here. Which one is better - Fedex or UPS or USPS?

Bharthi

2. Selvi

Selvi Senior IL'ite

I have used USPS many times without any problems.. not too big packages though.. USPS has flat rate envelopes for Global posts also.. HTH!

3. amudham

amudham New IL'ite

Bharthi,
    I use USPS Global priority Mail to send gifts. It reaches in a weeks time (may be a day or 2 more).

3 -4 years back, I have sent some clothes and some other things (can't remeber), for a friend. I am sure it costed by less than $10. Please check the latest rates though.

I use USPS Global priority, if I had to send some documents or photos.

ezhil

4. krithin

krithin New IL'ite

hi Bharthi,

i am sending packages to india thru usps as it is cheap & reliable. they hv flat rate box services also.
    i prefer sending thru priority mail international & rates depends on weight, orgin & destination.
    u may even track ur packages.

bye
    krithi

5. priyaprem

priyaprem Bronze IL'ite

Hi Krithin

This may be an irrelevant topic, but would like to help an IL'te who wished to keep same name as yours to his sisters child (to be born) and he would like to know the meanong of "Krithin", you may reply to me or directly to his thread under "meaning for baby name".Hope you don't mind