1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sending Infant to India is the biggest mistake , how many feel that way MY EXPERIENCE

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by helpmeplz, Sep 14, 2015.

1. helpmeplz

helpmeplz Junior IL'ite

Just remember the hardship that we have endured and constant fights when we sent our loving daughter to India as we both are busy here .
    She was in india for 4 months at the age of 7 months and we suffered during the whole time
    My daughter got sick for twice and needed hosptialization , we didn't visit first time due to our busy schedule , both our parents fought accusing each other for baby health , they fought in india and we fought here
    We lost peace of mind , we weren't able to concentrate on our work
    second time when my daughter got hospitalized she is in ICU so we rushed to india
    she improved by the time we got there ,but she missed us so much

Now we didn't leave her for even a second as we missed her so much , but also she is so scared that we would leave her and always sticks with us

Felt very sad when i remembered those days

2. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Re: Sending Infant to India is the biggest mistake , how many feel that way MY EXPERI

My goddaughter was sent to India age 11 months to 2 years. Bad mistake. It took years to get her settled back in Canada....her bonding to parents got interrupted. She also came back with habits that they had a lot of work getting rid of... spoiled by grandma and aunt. From a developmental standpoint, kids should be with parents nonstop through age four and then you can loosen up.

1 person likes this.
  3. SadMarried

SadMarried Silver IL'ite

Re: Sending Infant to India is the biggest mistake , how many feel that way MY EXPERI

i cant even think of leaving my son away for 1 day , let alone send him backhome for months. I'm sure it must have been really hard for you and you must have done it out of desperation. My MIL keeps saying if she could take my son back home with her she would take so good care of him, I say thanks but NO thanks.

She has been looking after son of my co-sis/step son since the age of 10 months. Since ILs had bad relation with co-sis , they didn't let her son go back to his mum , and now that kid is 16 yrs old, since he has been abandoned to see his mum all his life , he goes to meet her behind MIL's back. He has been lacking on development , mentally , no socializing skills , behind everything of his age.

So i fear of living my son with MIL more than 1 day alone.

4. ramyav_cse

ramyav_cse Gold IL'ite

Just leaving my son in a daycare for most part of the day from the time he was 19 months, has had itz own effects. For a long time, he never trusted us even if we were in another room...he is getting better now that he is 4 but it still pains thinking of those times.

5. catwalk

catwalk Gold IL'ite

It's not a good idea to leave children away from us. Especially when they are young...
    We work and live for a better life for the children. If they don't get the best out of it,
    what is need of working and earning.. Money and career is not everything..

There are many things which we cannot buy with money..

2 people like this.