1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Semi Formal Outfit Suggestion

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by perfectly_perfect, Jun 3, 2017.

1. perfectly_perfect

perfectly_perfect Silver IL'ite

Hi friends,
    My new office has a guideline to wear semi formal outfit. I want to know if I can wear sleeveless top, scarfs,printed dress to the office?
    Please suggest
    Thanks

2. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

Depends, Semi formal in US normally means no business suits required. But, it would normally mean trousers with formal tops (the kind you get at ann taylor), you don't have to have a business jacket /blazers. Scarves definitely are formal and semi-formal both. I love scarves and wear them both on formal dressing days (mon-thursday) as well as Fridays (semi-formal dressing days). Printed dresses are casual. Also, depends on which profession you are talking about. Technology industry seems to be lesser formal / more casual in general and finance / accounting more formal in general even in the normal sense (interpretation)

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
  3. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

You could layer your top with a cardigan and that would qualify as semi formal too.

4. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

what kind of role and envrionment you are going in?

In US, you can wear almost anything except jeans in business casual. No jeans itself feels big restriction to me in US. Because so many times, with many tops or shoes we feel jeans are right match so atleast comfortable.
    Plain tees can also be worn ( like tops with skirts or tucked in pants)

5. THEWORKLABEL

THEWORKLABEL New IL'ite

You can consider trousers with shirts or smart tops, skirts and formal dresses as well. Would agree with the above comments that jeans would not be considered formal. Scarves add to the look as well and sleepless would also be appropriate. Elegant prints and embroidery (but too much) can be worn. Blazers come in handy for meetings or presentations. Everyone has a unique style statement - so wear what you are comfortable in :)