1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Selfie/picture obsession

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by cheenu123, Mar 7, 2015.

1. cheenu123

cheenu123 Gold IL'ite

Hi
    I have read it so many times about wives complaining that there husbands are not very keen on taking an initiative for clicking her pictures or clicking a selfie with her? Can this also become a bone of contention between a couple?

2. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

Hi Cheenu, I might be a bit to old to get this whole selfie issue but clicking pictures of someone is a way to say i appreciate or feel you are pritty and to show attention, sometimes i feel the wife / husband is more wishing for the attention to being clicked then to have the actual picture.....Similar to those poeple who need to be "liked" for their looks or other aspects of their pictures on social websites.. its a lot about attention...why you are asking?

2 people like this.
  3. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

If husband wishes to talk pic, selfie with wife, it shows how he feels about her, i.e. that he likes her.

If husband avoid taking pics, selfies with wife, it shows he has no respect for her.

My ex avoided taking pics and selfies with me. Once when he took a selfie with me, I caught him cutting out my picture.

So yes, if husband doesn't want to be in same photo with you, it's a BIG red flag.

1 person likes this.
  4. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

Some how I dont like the way selfies come out. Faces big, noses big and hardly ever you know the context, i mean the back ground.

Not that I will stop anyone but the teens I know literally fill my fb with their selfies...

iman, Sparkle, jasmine25 and 3 others like this.
  5. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

You are right in case he generally likes pictures taken off him but not if he generally avoids being clicked :)

1 person likes this.
  6. Swethasri

Swethasri Platinum IL'ite

I also dont like to take selfie and show up in the social media, somehow not comfortable. But we has 1ooos in our SD cards, albums,...

7. cheenu123

cheenu123 Gold IL'ite

Thanks for replying. I am asking because one of my closest friends complains that her DH is not comfortable on getting clicked with her, even my brother doesn't like when my bhabhi insists on taking selfie..i think men are wired that way?

8. Radhai

Radhai Platinum IL'ite

[​IMG]

8 people like this.
  9. ivlakshmi

ivlakshmi Platinum IL'ite

My ex too avoided clicking pics of mine.. I feel this is negative nature which shows guy is not interested.

10. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

Yes, some men are weird that way.

Just telling you something to ease you: im in my second marriage and my husband nearly never clicks me, he doesnt get the whole point of taking pics all the time and hates to be clicked himself sometimes even, he would just like it on special occassions. But i know he is attracted towards me and it doesnt mean anything.
    My ex husband loved to click me especially when others saw it. He did it actually to show off because he viewd me like a tool, toy or other gadged he was owning - like in Radhai´s picture - so some people thought he was really into me when they saw that but i knew he was just documenting his property. You saw these guys in movies showing pics of everything they owe to compete? like that......now you decide which option is nicer.....

and yes men are weird and funny... but arnt we all a bit? ;)

4 people like this.