Self Enquiry Vichara Sangraham By Ramana

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by sunkan, Jun 20, 2008.

1. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

hai friends, trying to bring in ramana here now we are aware about his enquiries too to look within as to who am I is a great statement any one who has been to tiruvannamalai or has read his book will know this question and how he advises us to look within....

DESCIPLE: Master! What is the means to gain the state of eternal bliss, ever devoid of misery?

RAMANA: Apart from the statement in the veda that wherever there is body there is misery, this is also the direct experience of all people; therefore, one should enquire into one’s true nature which is ever bodiless, and one should remain as such, this is the means to gaining that state..

CONTD

Goodgod likes this.

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Sunkan,
    It is very nice of you to bring such Q&A in our midst...the very same questions come up while reading such teachings...

sriniketan

3. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

thanku srini,
    happy you commented otherwise would had felt no opinion formed with this exposure here..sunkan

4. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Dear Sunkanji,
    Seeing your signature I entered into this blog section after a very long time. Thanks for sharing.

5. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

thanku rajmi happy u came atlasst...sunkan

6. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

atlaast u did come rajmi and i am very happy for that..sunkan

7. RamyaVaradharajan

RamyaVaradharajan Bronze IL'ite

Dearest Sunkan ji,

I have peeped in again since it is the topic of interest and outpours many facts of life. Thank you once again for having "opened my eyes" !! My cousin brother with his colleageues at office had been recently to Thiruvannamalai. They somehow managed to go to the top of the mountain itself (the real Giri valam : actually not permitted without official permission, i was told) and they saw a Siddhar in proper meditation pose, he was there and as soon as they tried to approach him, he disappeared in true Air !!! It was shocking for all of them and of course I screamed as soon as I "heard" the same !!!

Then there was a heated discussion between my father, I and my anna about the true living of the Siddhars and their miraculous acts and other subjects upon "I" consciousness, so on almost till 12 in the mid night !! :)

Just wanted to share :)

Love
    RamyaVaradharajan

8. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Sukan Madam,

Beautiful thought, isn't ? Amazed to see the reply of Ramana... Great man !!

Thanks for sharing and making us think .... and re-collect about our trip to that place. We went to Thiruvanamalai, 6 months,ago. Enjoyed the peacefulness in the ashram. I did not remember the name of the book, now, written by a Famous man- Foreigner (who later practised his teachings) Beautiful book.. with his teachings and about his life..