Seethapathy Clinic, Chennai

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by sumanr, Apr 2, 2009.

1. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Dear all,
    When I tell you of the constant smile and kind eyes of Dr. Uma, as a patient and as a friend of her, I think I should share this with you all.

During the first week of May, my co-sis had an appointment with her and after she finished her condolence, I asked her, is she ok shall I talk to her. Wondering why I asked that, it had hardly been only a month, since her mother passed away. I gave my condolences to her and came off, only to know the next day that her father Dr. Murali too passed away.

Let us all pray for the departed souls to Rest in Peace.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

2. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Hi all

Can someone help me in getting to know how the labour room at Seethapthy is ?

May be Tikka/rajmi/vidyaaj can help .....pls.

thanks
    Ramya

3. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Hi Suman,

Only today I have come into this forum.
    I know Uma in and out since I worked in EVKalyani Medical Centre from 89 till 97 for Dr. Gita and Uma also joined the hospital.
    She is a fabulous person as a doctor and also otherwise and her experience and knowledge is commendable and outstanding.
    In fact before she even joined medicine I had my appendixi removed there by her father and my entire family and relations go only to her.
    The hospital, the nursing team and the doctors are all wonderful there.
    You can check about me with her if you are seeing her regularly.
    Just mention Sudha and about my working in EVK hospital.
    All the best dear for a safe delivery.

Take care,

4. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

Hi Ramya,

I have no idea about how the labour room will be like in Seethapathy...They didnt show us in the classes.. I believe somebody who has been there earlier could tell us exactly...

Vidyaa

5. dubbi

dubbi Bronze IL'ite

Ramya

Sorry for butting in this thread too but bcoz I have been there I thought I will tell you and Vidya.

IN Seethapathy you would labor in your own room till you are around 6 cm dilated i.e active labor. So ask for a room with A/c if you want and also one whcih has a geyser as warm water over your body will help cope with pain.

Then you will asked to move to the labor room, you could just walk by. Its a small room with a hydraulic labor bed and an entonox cylinder and iv stand . I think the room can be extended if need arises.

Deepa

6. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Pretty much what Deepa said. Though I don't think the entonox does anything if not used correctly and holding it properly to my nose was the last thing on my mind. I know I paced the labour room for a while, but believe me I cant recall what its dimensions are. I am sure Deepa has a better idea of what its current status is.

7. VidyaaJ

VidyaaJ Silver IL'ite

hi all,

Can someone tell me the expense that would cost in the Seethapathy clinic for both normal delivery and C-section appox.. We are planning to ask for a room with AC and a geyser...

Vidyaa

8. PriyaSubs

PriyaSubs New IL'ite

Dear All,
    Wish you all a very happy and a prosperous new year. I'm new to this forum.

I currently stay in the US and we are moving to India for good mid Jan. I'm 5 months now and my due date in May 18 2011. I have heard a lot from my frnds and relatives about Seethapathy Clinic and really love to have my baby there. When my mother called for an appointment 2 mnths ago they asked us to call in Jan for an appointment. Yesterday when my mother called the hospital for an appointment in May, they said that Dr Uma Ram will not be able to see the delivery as all the dates in her calendar are all blocked. However I can have my check ups there. Most of the doctors prefer to see the delivery for the patients for whom they have been seeing for months. Is there any ways to get the appoitment with this doctor in Seethapathy Clinic? I'm not too sure if the information given to my mom is right. Can someone validate?

Thank you for your help!

Priya

9. ushakarthik2004

ushakarthik2004 New IL'ite

pregnancy

Hi,

Can anyone tell opinion about seethapathy hospital in chennai, I didnt heard much abt that hospital and dont know the quality of treatment and the doctors experience.

I ve conceived a baby, this is my second pregnancy, My first baby born n isabel hospital, chennai, i cant forget the bad experience i had for my first delivery. I had such a bad time overthere, I was in hospital for nearly 20 days for a normal delivery. I can not even imagine such a sitn for the second time also.

So i want to show this time to some other doctor, one paediatrician suggested this hospital.

Is there any body a patient of Dr. Shobhana

10. thamaraikalyan

thamaraikalyan New IL'ite

hai rajmiarun,
    i m in 8th month of pregnancy?my first delivery is c-section due to gestational diabetes.now i m fine.no GDM.I m consulting Dr.Uma for normal delivery..i it possible 4 me.pls suggest me what i can do to prepare myself for normal delivery.i want natural birth experience.