secong pregnancy age difference......

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by priyasudhakar, Feb 24, 2012.

1. priyasudhakar

priyasudhakar Gold IL'ite

hi frnds,

i dont know whether i can post this thread here. am sry if am wrong.

can u plz share the age difference of your first and second childs.....

my first kid is now in the 7th yr and am willing to concieve for the second baby, due to some reasons, it gets postponds,so now am planning to have the second. is it ok with the age difference? how to tackle the age difference? am much worried, whether to have or not to have my second baby with a long term difference. plz reply frnds.

2. kishoremommy

kishoremommy Platinum IL'ite

Don't worry Priyasudhakar.

My second son was born when my first son was 7 1/2 years old.

I am very comfortable with it and My Dh and I decided already that we should have second baby only after our elder son reaches 6.

This way the elder kid gets all the attention till he is 6 and there is less sibling rivalry.Now,he has got other things to concentrate like playing with friends,reading stories,watching TV etc.

In my case,my elder son takes very good care of his baby brother.One of my friends is worrying a lot as the age difference among her kids is just 2 years.Her kids are both competing to get her attraction and she is feeling guilty for not able to spend more time with her elder son.

When the elder kid is struggling to go to preschool,he is feeling jealous of the younger one sitting in the mother's lap.This may not be the same in every case.

Vast age difference has its own advantages and disadvantages.The kids cannot play together for a long time as their interests vary.They cannot share toys.By the time the second child reaches 25 ,the parents may get older.

The siblings may not have a relationship like friends..The younger one looks at the elder one with respect due to the vast age difference.The mother has to go through all the ordeals once again ,after so many years__the long sleepless nights.But ,she can enjoy the time spending with the second baby.

Get rid of your anxiety.There are siblings with 10 years of age difference and they are comfortable with it.

Prepare your elder kid to welcome a new baby.

3 people like this.
  3. priyasudhakar

priyasudhakar Gold IL'ite

hi kishoremommy,

thx a lot for ur cute reply, am relaxed now with ur reply, waiting for the second prince/princess to arrive soon, take care, keep in touch