Second-hand Wet Grinder

Discussion in 'Shopping/Restaurants in Singapore' started by vidhyasamy, May 7, 2012.

1. vidhyasamy

vidhyasamy New IL'ite

Dear Ladies,

Just arrived here to Singapore one month before. Iam in need of a wet grinder. Instead of a new one we thought of going for a used one, as we dont know how long we will be here in Singapore. Anybody of you have information regarding this, Kindly pass on.

Regards,

Vidhya.

2. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Vidhya,

I saw this ad about a month ago, not sure if it is still available; just give it a try. Usually many ads for household electrical and other items appear in gumtree. You can keep checking the site once a couple of days to find stuff that interest you. Hope this helps.... have a great day :)

3. vidhyasamy

vidhyasamy New IL'ite

Dear Akila,

I saw the ad, the price stated is S$ 160. one person told me that in Mustafa we can get it for s$120 - new piece. Is that so.., iam confused. we have three grinders lying idly there in India. we will be going to India only in the month of november. i have braun food processor, but only little quantity iam blending in it and that too the machine becomes so hooooooooooot, and also the batter is not that good and fine soft. have any idea regd. the cost of shipping a single grinder. kindly clarify.

Regards,

vidhya.

4. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Vidhya,

I will be going to mustafa's this weekend, will reply with the exact cost and model once i get the details. If you are going back to india in nov, its hardly 6 months from now, you can get yours from back home, meanwhile you can try using idli/dosa batter available in local indian shops or at mustafas, they all come with an expiry date of 1-2 weeks (not sure of the exact duration). I used to use them before i got my grinder, and they were pretty decent.

Grinding in food processor is not a great idea dear, it will shorten the life of the processor because of heavy grinding.