1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Seat

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

The core of our existence is pure and unsullied. It has no hatred or dislike nor affiliation or liking. It has no desires or attachments. It seeks neither worldly life nor liberation. It remains unaffected by worldly happenings. It has no caste or creed. It realizes it is one without the second, non-dual, formless, attributeless, all-pervading, imperishable, unborn, eternal, changeless, stainless, infinite, knowledgeable, inconceivable, fourth and blissful. It neither hates nor likes and it never dies. From Lord Krishna in Bhagavad Gita to many saints who were planted with the seeds of scriptures in their thoughts by the creator have explained this nature of blissful being in every life. That teaching is the principle of non-dualism. That is not the purpose of this writing but to understand how the life unfolds in a particular manner to each one of us.

When every life is given a free will, it is also gifted with the tools such as body, bundle of thoughts called mind, intellect which discriminates and emotions and feelings that are felt by our heart and senses respectively. As life begins it journey, it experiences interaction with other lives such as parents, friends, relatives, siblings and later also with children and grandchildren. It also experiences direct perception of things that happen in its life. A body of principles begin to form based on all these interactions. The world is filled with enormous amount of energy and every thought that comes to the mind, interaction of senses with outer world, feelings of the heart, discrimination that is carried by our intellect, etc. brings positive or negative energy with them. This constant set of actions create a personality in each one of us to perceive the world in a particular manner either contributing to our growth or lack thereof. It is not the view of our core but the tools we have around it.

Rejection of our thoughts, what we believe as love, fluctuation of experiences that our mind considers as pleasure and pain, different perception of people who differ from our principles and views, etc. creates a disturbance for our peaceful existence internally. They are not external problem but internal. It creates an obsessive phobia or fear in our mind resulting type of behavior by each one of us. We either like to hide that fear and protect ourselves from happenings in the outside world or remove that fear out of our mind. Unfortunately, we can’t control outside world and hence protecting our fear from happenings becomes increasingly difficult resulting in our view of the world changing negatively. On the contrary, if we receive such happenings that threatens us and use it wisely to remove the underlying fear assuming it would also pass even if it takes time, it creates a positive perception of the world.

The best way to make our life easier is to receive all that happens around us and let any thoughts, emotions, feelings, etc. go as quickly as possible. In other words, we need to keep moving from one moment to another and fully engage in each moment as it happens. Longer we take, harder it becomes for us to let go that blocked energy. How nice it would be for us to become a receiver of signal and emit it immediately out without retaining anything. The nature helps every human being to overcome the ordeal. That is why if we feel threatened by an interaction or event, the nature makes that happen so that it gives us an opportunity to let go of that fear. If we end up protecting the fear by avoiding such interaction or event, we end up having more thoughts, emotions and feelings.

In a way, what we encounter as threat in our life is in fact an opportunity towards a purification process letting the blocked energy to be eliminated letting fresh energy to flow in and out freely. Every life aspires to become pure and become its very core. We are not the one that is experienced or the experience itself. We need to be seated in a centered position and keep observing the dances conducted by our thoughts, emotions, feelings, etc. Retaining that blocked energy attracts the attention of our core and if we move our presence inside the problem, we become the problem. It is like entering a battlefield without having a strategy to come out of it. Even if we enter, we need to constantly attempt to get out of it to move quickly to the peaceful and blissful original seat. For that we need to be in the present moment continuously and realize any drift from that being in the present moment is because of our core’s change of seat.

messedup, Sandyr46 and iyerviji like this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thought provoking writeup

Viswamitra likes this.
  3. Viswamitra

Dear Vijiakka,

Your early response is always a good luck. I am hoping that I will get more responses positive or negative from other ILites now. Thank you for your response.

iyerviji likes this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My pleasure. You will sure get hood response

Viswamitra likes this.
  5. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viswa,
    What a great analysis you have presented! It is simply superb!
    I fully understand the theoretical implications of what you have stated.But is it practically possible to get rid of emotions and fear and threatenings caused by certain events? Some of the terrific accidents have a very long lasting impact. You cannot get away from fear.Not that we are nurturing fear or want to be afraid but the situations cause concern. Doctors advise us to tell the relatives concerned.There is a cause to fear. There is a cause to take responsibility to do our best to save the patient, spouse or child.
    My parents who had seen many such events in a joint family used to say that concern or worry is a good sign of responsibility.Unless we have that urge or fear , one is likely to take things casually or lightly and not concentrate on the absolute emergency. God has given that fear or threat to make us more responsible to face events arising in future too.
    Nobody can be as philosophical as suggested in the snippet to leave the incidents as lightning and allow them to disperse. Many of the social activities at home or in office are continuous processes and projects causing concern and stand in Q to be solved one after the other.That is how life is made.
    In this situation when we are running from pillar to post to solve problems one after the other, where is the chance to think of a 'SEAT' to occupy calmly and watch the happenings as observer. Though 'seat' is only metaphorical, I can't even think of such a seat and sitting their calmly to watch our thoughts and happenings one after another.
    For high thinking philosophers it may be somewhat possible, but not for me, as I have experienced many such situations in life.
    The word'shraddha ' , in my view ,consists of responsibility arising out of favourable essentials like bringing up children, conducting of weddings or marathon efforts to save a person/relative from a serious malady.
    True, we are neither the experience nor the experienced.
    Unless we are into the problem, we may not find any solution. Many problems require our personal physical or mental efforts to get solved.This feeling has not arisen out of ego that'I can solve the problem' but out of a pragmatic approach.
    'We get sufferings and they are stated to purify our blocked energy' you have stated.
    But I feel that it makes us more responsible , amidst worries.My mother found 'kavalai' and 'poruppu' as synanyms.

Reg the seat, where is that wonderful seat? Seat is a powerful word in life and people work day and night to occupy seat which is not a calm surrounding but is full of lust and power. Everyone wants to have a high chair or status in life. ''What are you?" is a question which every person wants to answer with raised collar.The 'seat' is not as philosophical a symbol in reality but a symbol of great pride.
    When we talk of seat I am reminded of a statement made by an upanyasak.
    He asked the audience'Who is partha sarathi?'Everyone shouted'Krishna.
    Why?
    Because he was charioteer ( sarathi) to Partha or Arjuna.
    The Upanyasak continued'Krishna does not deserve that term. Because there was another Partha Sarathi earlier before Mahabharatha war began.During Agnathavasa, Arjuna was in the disguise of Bruhannala. In Virata Parva of mahabharath, Arjuna takes the weapons from Vanni tree and Virata Kumara becomes the first Partha sarathi.. In this fight Arjuna wins but all the credit goes to Virata Kumara, who is actually afraid of facing kaurava retinue.
    Virata Kumara feels that he does not deserve all the encomia paid to him. The Upanyasak continued that Virat Kumara got all the fame because of the mahima of the 'seat' occupied by him.This was the seat to be occupied by Lord Krishna in due course by Shri Krishna and from the same seat 'the great precious Bhagvatgita ' is going to emerge to the world.
    As the sound of the bell arrives well early before arrival of the elephant" (Yanai varim pinne, Mani osai varum munne')the mahima of Krishna's seat came to be known to the world earlier by the success and appreciations heaped on Virata Kumara for insignificant efforts taken by him.
    I am sorry, I have to differ from you in the practical point of view, though academically it is easier to explain.

There is no such chair in my vicinity so far.But I would like to have one.

jayasala 42

6. Viswamitra

Dear Smt. Jayasala:

I very much appreciate your point of view. You are right. We differ completely in the way we think we need to deal with problems in life. I can only make a humble point that my life is not a bed of roses and I had encountered significant amount of different problems before where I am today. My experiences taught me differently. Anyhow, I respect your views and leave it at that. There are so many ways one could address real life experiences. I achieve peace and tranquility from encountering the problems without fear meaningfully not being inside the problem. It lets me think clearly.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  7. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viswa,
    Quite philosophical and thought provoking. In my humble opinion, the seat is placed at remote corner away from the daily chaos of life on which is seated an individual in deep meditation. Gone are days of sages living in remote caves on top of the difficult to reach hills. He is not a member of the society we live in. A man or woman is the part and parcel of the social structure where there are relatives, friends, acquaintances. One may pretend to remain aloof, untouched and unmindful of the surroundings but deep inside he his fighting with himself. This may cause resentment. This may cause doubts. And this may cause inaction.
    Having said that it is possible to experience state of zero but that will be a momentary feat.

8. Viswamitra

Dear Hari Sir,

This is my point. Deep inside, the fight of the man is with himself and his tendencies, emotions, feelings and reactions. This has to be looked from outside of these tendencies, emotions, feelings and reactions in order to make wise decisions. This habit makes the quality of life better and it is not something that could be achieved in a day or two. I am not suggesting the man should go and sit in the cave but observe the internal battle to live peacefully in the society.

HariLakhera likes this.