1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Screen Debuts

Discussion in 'Movies' started by GaythriV, Apr 2, 2014.

1. GaythriV

GaythriV Platinum IL'ite

Hi, post the first film of an actor or actress. Try to comment on both like and dislike of their performance.

My bit - Shivaji Ganeshsan

His first movie was Parashakthi and his opening word in the movie was 'success'.

His acting was best which brought fame and wide name for him. Court scenes were screened well and delivered lengthy dialouges effectively without any flaw.

6 people like this.

2. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

This is going to be a very interesting thread. Nice idea Gayathri!

As you started with the infamous Shivaji, I will help the ball rolling with the popular actor/director/producer/Politician MGR. His first film was Sathileelavathi [1936], where he was just a side character. While his [color] movies were a bit pain to watch after he has become popular, his old movies based on medieval history are a treat. Mandhiri Kumari, Madhurai Veeran, Mannadhi Mannan, Alibabavum 40 Thirudargalum, are few among the very good movies. Those movies are good examples to show his skill in practising medival weapons like baselard, battle axe, swords etc, the skill which his competitor Mr. Shivaji Ganesan was lacking.

A picture of MGR in his debut movie
    Sathi_leelavathi_1936film.jpg

5 people like this.
  3. GaythriV

GaythriV Platinum IL'ite

Thank you so much for your feedback ILT. As we were owning a theatre I have watched most of the old movies of all top actors of kollywood.

MGR bagged a National best actor award for Rickshawkaran but Sivaji did not though he was called as Nadigar Thilagam.
    MGR mostly did his own stunts and maintained his physique well.

2 people like this.
  4. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Thalaiva !!!

220px-ApoorvaRaagangal_DVDCover.jpg

Enna oru acting !! Only like !!!

9 people like this.
  5. urmilaraj

urmilaraj IL Hall of Fame

yess my favourite also.

1 person likes this.
  6. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

She's not my favorite actress but I think Nadhiya had one of the most impressive debut in Tamil cinema via Poove Poochoodava

Poove Poochudava - Tamil MP3 Songs.jpg

A beautiful, lively character which was brought to life by Nadhiya's natural acting. I think the Malayalam version of this film came earlier (in which she was the heroine) nevertheless I haven't watch that one. Poove Poochoodava remains as one of the most impressive debut film for any actress.

7 people like this.
  7. GaythriV

GaythriV Platinum IL'ite

I agree with you Sofea. Really the best debut movie.
    Her shot frightening Shekar with the mask will always be one of the best jokes in Tamil cinema.

3 people like this.
  8. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Sofea, until I read your post I didnt know 'Poovey Poochoodavaa' was Nadiya's first movie. Yes that's a very good movie. Nadiya and Padmini had very good Chemistry.

Since I saw this thread I wanted to say Kanaga. She is not the best actress that Kollywood had got, but she must be the luckiest! The success of the movie Karagattakaran gave her the fame as the 'Lucky' heroine, and she must be the busiest heroine then. For an average actress and ok-ok beauty, she done 11 movies in under a year [this is very soon after Karagattakaran's success].

karakattakaran.jpg

3 people like this.
  9. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Nadiya was lucky I'd say - to have bagged a female centric movie as a debut.

My Fav was Shaam's debut movie 12B . He had the charm but all his movies after that were a dud !

4 people like this.
  10. varhem

varhem IL Hall of Fame

I would say MADHAVAN. His first movie in tamil,ALAIPAYUDHE.Damn lucky.first movie by once famous? Maniratnam.

9 people like this.