Science or Spirituality

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by shinara, Oct 4, 2013.

1. shinara

shinara Platinum IL'ite

Hi friends i want to share this which impressed me a lot.

Once a scientist traveled in a flight. He found the next person to him reading Bible. He got irritated to see that and asked that man "Oh **** you traditional people. You are still behind these stupid traditional superstitions? come out and learn science. There are many new thing to learn in science that will lead to new technologies". The other asked the scientist " Me reading the Bible disturbs you?" and kept on reading the Holy Bible. Annoyed by his action the scientist again shouted at the other man and asked "Aren't you believing me? These holy thoughts and traditions are very old. We can understand everything only by science. I have a lot to tell you about science to convince you. But i have no time right now. Well this is my visiting card. Come to my office and i shall tell you elaborately" saying he gave his visiting card to the other person. The man silently brought the card on kept in his pocket. The scientist got up to move and finally asked the man "By the way you dint introduced yourself? May i know you name?". Waving his hand the other person introduced himself as Thomas Alwa Edison. The scientist was stunned by his words and immediately asked "when shall i come to meet you sir?"

3 people like this.

2. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Yeah Shinara Sister, That was interesting, Thanks for sharing.

Yes Science and Spirituality goes together in parallel both are needed for a train to run otherwise it would stumble and so we are...

Sairam

1 person likes this.
  3. shinara

shinara Platinum IL'ite

you are absolutely right dear....... BTW i love your way of calling others as sister..... May God bless you.......

4. vidukarth

vidukarth Platinum IL'ite

that was very good

1 person likes this.
  5. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Nice story Shinara......yes the scientific community in general dont have high regards for old religious books.I am not a very religious person but i do believe that the customs that we follow have some scientific meaning to them.

But is this story really true???
    I mean was that man really Edison???
    I hope he was....because i've read stories about Edison which are shocking.
    Edison Vs Tesla.And how he managed to destroy Tesla.
    I seriously believe that any man who's spiritual would never harm a fellow human being.
    I hope the story is true....i hope that man was indeed Edison.

(To those who dont know about Tesla
    Nikola Tesla | Cracked.com

Tesla had developed a cheaper and environment friendly method of producing electricity....)

2 people like this.
  6. shinara

shinara Platinum IL'ite

That was a real story dear.........
    Some of his quotes,questions regarding spirituality are advanced...
    I forgot the whole piece. But the thing go like this, One time Edison created a model of globe and shown to another scientist. that man asked him who did this. Edison said that it came by itself. He asked many times and Edison repeated the same answer every time. When the scientist asked "How can it come by itself? How can an object come to place without a creator?" he replied" When you say the cosmos, galaxy come by itself without any creator it is also possible that this model come by itself" and made him realize that there is a creator for the galaxy,cosmos though we believe on many theories...

What you said is more than enough dear.........

I am unaware of Telsa i will read and comment back...
    thanks

1 person likes this.
  7. shinara

shinara Platinum IL'ite

Yes dear...... Spirituality is a theoretic way of telling scientific concepts..... All such spiritual concepts has a strong scientific reason and background. Especially our Indian culture is very advanced.

8. Yumna

Yumna Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for sharing Shinara. It was really interesting to know.

Spirituality and Science, indeed both are important.Personally,I give more weightage to spirituality.[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

Though it is not completely related,but I would like to share;

Some time ago a little Boy asked me if we are not the children of Adam n Eve.

He said to me that his science teacher told them that we have evolved from somethings like fishes,apes,Bananas etc and we are no more than animals but specialized ones...(most likely he was referring to the theory of evolution).

later I was thinking that why at times some of us say what we ourselves don't believe in.(Here,I am NOT talking about all but those who fit in this category)

[/FONT]

3 people like this.