Schools in Valsarawalkam,Virugambakkam,Saligramam

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by aswinig1980, May 21, 2008.

1. pradeepa2008

pradeepa2008 New IL'ite

hi friends

Vani vidhyalaya school follows cbse,they r education oriented,on extra curricular activities.my daughter is studying lkg there,daily homework to the kids :bang
    burden to the small kids.

thanks

pradeepa

2. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

hi Pradeepa, thanks for the feedback.. CBSE schools are known to not burden small kids.. but Vani Vidyalaya still has homework is it? is it monotonous? how are the teachers there? where do you live?

3. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

Are you trying for both matric and CBSE.Right now i am looking at CBSE schools.

What is your preference of schools?I am not looking to try at PSBB.,but would definitely consider Lachatline.

4. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

Pradeepa and arthidiva where do you live ?

5. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

manju.. I am looking at only CBSE schools. Matric is a big NO for me, JMO.

My parent's house is in KK Nagar and my in-laws place is in Ramapuram. As I am working, I need to make sure my DS has somewhere to go after school so thinking of the following schools..

PSBB, K.K. Nagar
    LaChateline
    Lalaji Memorial Omega International School (LMOIS) - this is 7 .5 kms from K.K. Nagar. still should be able to manage as it is a very good school and the school vehicle takes a route with less traffic and drops only if the known parent or grandparent is available for pick up else takes the child back to school safely.. they have healthy fresh breakfast and lunch (also snacks I think) provided there so children are disciplined with good eating habits.. I was impressed by that. Also we are likely to move closer to that school in a year or two.

I like 'A' school (Chettinad group) in Ashok nagar but it is KG/ Montessori school only till 5yrs old and the main school (from 1st std) is somewhere in Mogappiar so I dont want my child to travel on those roads at peak hours in the later years..

I have ruled out Chinmaya Vidyalaya (Virugambakkam) and Vani Vidyalaya. So I am left with only three choices.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  6. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

Even my choice is for cbse but just wanted to have an review.

So lachatline is good than vani and chinmaya vidyalaya is it?

How is the international school ,is it cbse?any idea about the fee structure and donations?

Thanks for your quick response.

7. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

Chinmaya is more into academics and no extra- curr. I am not impressed with Vani Vidyalaya though people say it is good. everyones meaning for Good differs na..

Omega international school site is - Lalaji Memorial Omega International School, Kolpakkam, Chennai, India - CBSE & IGCSE Curriculum it has CBSE and Cambridge stream. Fees structure for the current year is put up in Lalaji Memorial Omega International School, Kolpakkam, Chennai, India - CBSE Admission it will be more or less for next year too.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  8. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

Arthi,

Thanks for sharing the omega international school website.

From the other thread "Lachatline residential school",I understand that they follow montessori until 1st std.I am hearing mixed reviews on this school ,some say it is good .How good is the extra curricular activities and how satisfied are you with the reviews of this school?

Also How is the extracurricular activities in Lalaji Memorial Omega international school?Have they started giving application.I see from the website that my DD is eligible for only Prekg in this school as she is 28.12.2006.What is the birthdate of your DS?Has he completed 3 ?

Also what is the difference between montessori and CBSE schools?Which syllabus does montessori schools follow after 1 std.I heard Aschool is going to open up in Valasarawalkam too.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  9. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

Hey Manju..

I also got mixed views aboout La Chateline. teachers say it is a wonderful school.. few parents say it is ok, not great. so I concluded that it could be the last resort.

My 1st preference in PSBB, next is Omega Intl. Mostly will get thru in Omega if not in PSBB I think. Omega Intl has good Extra-Curr. But classes like Tennis, other sports after school may not be there.. we have to do all those outside school. Teachers are quite nice.. The age limit on the web site is for the prev year.. so for the next academic year it is yet to be updated.. with the age limit updated your DD with dob 28/12/2006 will be eligible for LKG for year 2010-2011. Applications are given in December 2009.

arent you looking at PSBB? any reasons?

10. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

Psbb ,it is difficult to get in without any recommendations and the distance criteria is also there as we live in vals.for you it is kknagar so they may consider.

Where can we find info on extracurricular activities outside school ?