Schools in Trivandrum!

Discussion in 'Trivandrum' started by ANK, Feb 12, 2009.

1. shehana

shehana New IL'ite

2. ANK

ANK Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Shehana, will check it out!

3. shehana

shehana New IL'ite

with pleasure ANK

4. shubhasiddharth

shubhasiddharth Bronze IL'ite

Hi ANK
    I am not sure if am late to the party- I mean joining here in the discussion. Anyways, from the discussion, I feel that you are yet to find the right school.My 2 cents:

If you are looking for a friendly environment- then its Bharathiya Vidya Bhavan in Kodunganoor. Thats my school too and I love it. The teachers are so friendly and they are good on keeping up with the syllabus.But this school follows CBSE syllabus.

I have had friends studying in St.Thomas school. They are pretty good too.

If your son is in smaller class, you could even put him in Holy Angels convent near GH junction. They have ICSE syllabus .

But in general, Trivandrum has good educational instituitions.Chinmaya Vidyalaya is another option you could consider.

I hope this will help you a little.Good luck with finding the right school.

5. ANK

ANK Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Shubha! I am looking for IGCSE syllabus, coz my son will be into 8th std. and he has never schooled in India.

6. lewilder

lewilder New IL'ite

Hello ANK -- joining this discussion very, very late but thought I might be able to help.

We are from the US, not of Indian background, living in Trivandrum for 6 months while my husband is a visiting professor at the University of Kerala. I have a 5-year-old and a 10-year-old. Before moving here we thought we'd enroll the kids at Trivandrum International School. Once we arrived we discovered it's about an hour from our apartment in Vellayambalam... add that to a 7.5 or 8-hour school day and it just seemed too much. If your family is near Kowdiar, Christ Nagar International School is a very convenient choice.

Our kids have been enrolled since September, so... coming in mid-year, with zero experience with Indian culture. The school ordinarily requires four languages: English, Hindi, Malayalam and French. Whew! But they have new kids coming in all the time, so there are always a couple kids in each class starting out from the beginning... I would think your son will do fine.

The school is highly regarded. Hope it works out well for you and your family. If you have any other questions I'd be glad to try to answer them for you.

All the best,
    Lane

1 person likes this.
  7. manvi98

manvi98 New IL'ite

Christ Nagar International School

Hi Lewilder,
    I understand your kids are currently studying in christ nagar international sch. As i am planning to enroll my kids in the same school, i would appreciate if you could provide me some insights on the school pertaining to co curricular activities offered and the teaching standards.Are the students bogged down by assignments and project works ? Also has the school started 11 & 12 Std (A Levels)?
    Thanks.

8. gkr

gkr New IL'ite

Hi, I am relocating to TVM from Mumbai.Planning to put my daughter in Saraswati Vidyalaya(CBSE) at Vattiyoorkavu in the 9th std owing to proximity to school.Any inputs about the school?She is in a ICSE school in Mumbai and has taken commerce elective and there appears to be no ICSE school in TVM with commerce elective.I have checked with Holy Angels, Christ Nagar and sarvodaya.Since the academic session has already commenced in mid May and also since my daughter is not very keen on computer elective(on offer from all the above ICSE schools) I cannot ask her to make the switch.And there's another issue, schools don't readily accept migration between ICSE and CBSE Boards after commencement of academic session.Any guidance please???:bonk

9. amynups

amynups New IL'ite

hey,

have u tried st.thomas? there they have icse syllabus.. though they dont offer commerce elective, they do offer economics as an option.. so, if interested she can take that?

All the best!!

10. anutvm

anutvm New IL'ite

very good school in trivandrum

hello dear frnd,
    which is the best mixed school in trivandrum?
    my son is now 3yrs planning to LKG..
    don't want to study in tvmIntl school.