Schools in Trivandrum!

Discussion in 'Trivandrum' started by ANK, Feb 12, 2009.

1. ANK

ANK Bronze IL'ite

Manas!

I got in touch with the Principal of Dawn, and am in touch with her.
    All int. schools seem to be exp. I checked out Tvm Int., its approx. 3 lacs a year. Yet to know what it costs at Dawn....will check out Rajagiri too.
    My first option is Tvm, but cochin is also int he loop. Have some political connection.....I know its tough if not!

Hubby intends to stick on for sometime.......and is trying and convincing me to stick around too.....lol.......lets see how it goes. Inlaws come often to visit us.....so trying to see how to go about it...... Not planning to work once I get to India....done so for 19 yrs. now.....time to call it a day...and enjoy the simple pleasures of life....mine being, doing some social service with old age homes and orphans. Ellaam agrahangall........daivathinnu ariyaam...........

2. ANK

ANK Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Cutepavi! I am looking into all options.....Have already got in touch with Christ Int. I thought IGCSE is easier on the int. students compared to ICSE?! R u sure its vice-versa? None of the schools are giving me a comparison or clarification on that!

Sanskrit, hindi and all other lang. options are out of the question! Unfortunately he knows only English, and I do not know......whether he will be able to pick another language!

3. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

ANK,

I am also from TVM. Check out Christ Nagar, St Thomas, Good Shepherd in Paruthippara. My friend's son relocated last year. She also wrote in advance to all schools, but no one sent her proper forms. When she finally arrived, she found that in some schools, there were no vacancies in levels(class) in which she had to admit her son. There was an entrance exam too.This boy also knew no Hindi, he has opted French in Good Shepherd. I would advice not to try CBSE, it is tough. TVM International School has IB if the student wishes to study abroad. I can help you a lot after 26th. If you need forms or any precise details, dont hesitate to contact me after 26th Feb.

4. Manaswini08

Manaswini08 Bronze IL'ite

Yes, all Int Schools are expensive...but I guess we are paying for them to cater to our special needs. Good luck and keep me posted on your move :)

5. MrsV

MrsV Bronze IL'ite

Hey ANK, my friend's daughter is 11 and she was born and raised here, but last June, she moved her daughter from here to Tvm International School and put her in boarding.. and the daughter loves it! Not sure about the fees or anything, but I hope all works out for you!

6. ANK

ANK Bronze IL'ite

Vidya24!

Thanks a ton! I will bear in mind, and if I do need help I will call out on this Forum for u! WIll check out Good Shepherd!

7. ANK

ANK Bronze IL'ite

Manas!

Will do so!

8. ANK

ANK Bronze IL'ite

MrsV!
    Thanks! Yep! I ahve checked out Tvm. Int. and still waiting for soem of my queries to be answered. The fees there works out approx. 3 Lacs a year.

9. jezz_nish

jezz_nish Senior IL'ite

hi ank
    i have heard of tvm international school,its good so is christ nagar,my husband studied there.tvm international school has good facilties but is quite outside the city,especially if u are going to be staying in kowdiar.i know of someone who studies there,she comes home on weekend only as it quite far,so thats an option if u r ok with it

i hope u find the right school for your kids soon

jess

10. ANK

ANK Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Jezz! Yep...I have narrowed down to couple of schools in tvm, and one in Chennai. Tvm.......it will be Christ nagar Int., coz it is closer, and I spoke to the director, since my son will not be able to appear for the test and interview this month....he promised me admission...so thats a def. one! IGCSE will be what he will take up.