Schools in/near Tambaram

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by ajaya, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

Thank You for the reply, Shanvy :)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2009
  2. vidyuth

vidyuth New IL'ite

Hi Latha!

I am new IL and i am staying in camp road east tambaram. My daughter is now 2years old. I am thinking about putting her to school next year. My husband n me got to know more about the schools in this area and decided on two schools one is PSBB in St.Thomas Mount and the other is Good Earth.

Your info about good earth is more valuable but only one this that is disturbing me about this school is how is their eduction for higher secondary. I don't want to change the school for my daughter:confused2:. Can you please help me regarding their higher secondary education? This will be more helpful. Thanks.

Cheers,
    Vidyuth

3. PinkyVenkat

PinkyVenkat New IL'ite

hi,

We are going to relocate to chennai, and we might be put up in Tambaram (Chrompet). Please suggest a good CBSE / ICSE school for my kid. I am looking for admission for the yr 2010 June and he will be joining 1st std. Plz also let me know about the month during which the admission starts.

Thank you.
    Pinky

Last edited: Oct 5, 2009
  4. PinkyVenkat

PinkyVenkat New IL'ite

Schools in and around Tambaram for admission to this academic year(2009-10)

Hi,

We have relocated to Chennai. I am looking for schools where I could get admission for my son in UKG for the current academic year. I am not necessarily looking for big schools as they may most probably not take in students so late in the year.

Any pointers to schools around Tambaram which are likely to take in students now will be appreciated.

Regards,
    Deepa

Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
  5. Shree009

Shree009 New IL'ite

Hi Rajmiarun,

I saw many of your posts here and I would like to contact you for your advice regarding schools. I'm bit confused to choose between CBSE/Matric/ICSE. I reside in Tambaram near MEPZ and I'm looking for a good school for my daughter.

Also I would like to get more details on Vivekananda vidyalaya school. If you could give me your mail id or contact number, I'll call at your convenient time to discuss. Or pls take my number: 044 47471673.
    Thank you,

Regards,
    Kavitha.

6. gvkanch

gvkanch New IL'ite

HAI nice to hear good feedback.

I want to know whether the kid will not be tired travelling 12kms.

Whether it is advisable to put a kid in prekg to that school.
    I am very much interested putting kid to that school.But transport?
    Whether u are staying at selaiyur ?Ur kid is not finding it difficult travelling such a long distance?

I am staying at west tambaram old statebank colony.Please advise.

7. lovelylilly

lovelylilly New IL'ite

urgent need to know abt schools around chrompet ,tambaram sanatorium,CBSE

Hi,
    we have recently moved to chennai,and looking for a rented house around chrompet ,tambaram sanatorium,and my kid is 4 years old and to join ukg .pls let me kno about CBSE schools and would like it to be with a resonable fees.

8. ShijiV

ShijiV New IL'ite

You may try Kendriya Vidyalaya KV1 and KV2 .Admission will start by 1st week of February 2010.If you or your spouse is a central govt employee admission is easy.There is too much competition in open category.But give a try.

Wishing All the Best

9. rosegirl

rosegirl Bronze IL'ite

Good schools near Tamabaram.

Hi
    We are planning to move to chennai for good after 8 years of US life. I have totally lost touch with all the local info. We want to settle near the IT hub, tamabaram, Sholinganallur etc.. what are the good schools there ?
    can someone please throw some light ?

10. Poornie

Poornie New IL'ite

Looking for good schools in and around Tambaram

Hi folks,
    I am currently living in US and am planing to return to Chennai next year. I am looking out for good CBSE or ICSE syllabus schools in East Tambaram locality for my daughter (LKG). Any useful feedback will be appreciated.
    - Poornima