Schools in Dubai

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Dubai' started by jaya9573, Jan 30, 2012.

1. jaya9573

jaya9573 New IL'ite

Hi,

i am relocating from new delhi to dubai . I have shortlisted jssis, jssps, Giis school for my daughter for grade 5th and kg for my son.

Please advise me which is a good school .Please also suggest which place is good for residential purpose.

Thanks a lot

2. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

Hi Jaya,
    You need to make up your mind on which curriculum you would like to choose. You can also try Modern High School/ DPS.
    As regards residential area, my personal opinion would be to stay closer to your husband's office. Earlier, Karama, Bur Dubai, Deira used to be the popular residential areas. Now the options are wider- Qusais, Gardens, JLT, etc. The city is also well connected by metro.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

3. poonam1975

poonam1975 New IL'ite

hi Ushaji,
    I have been following your replies to most of the people here but have registered myself lately.i think u should be the best person to guide me regarding this...My daughter studies in grade 7 in Our Own English high school Dubai.We are very satisfied with their education system...but recently i have been able to get admission for her in DPS Sharjah for grade 8..So kindly guide me whether it would be beneficial for her to change the school in next session.We are staying in al nahda Dubai.thanks ...
    Poonam

4. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

Dear Poonam,
    Thank you for your kind words. I will do my best to check and let you know my views if the shift would be beneficial.

5. glory19

glory19 Senior IL'ite

Hello, jssis al barsha is not a good school, refrain from putting ur kids there...!!