Schools in chennai

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by jothi, Dec 2, 2006.

1. vairamak

vairamak Junior IL'ite

Hi,

Could anybody help me in providing your valuable feedback on the following. Which would be an ideal for 4th std kid?
    1. velammal vidyashram, mambakkam - starting only in 2014 - 2015
    2. Maharishi vidya Mandir , polachery - is it a franchisee or a group of maharishi itself.

we are relocating to madambakkam and are looking for a good school for our kid who would be in 4th std in 2014 - 2015

Thanks in advance

Regards
    Vairam

2. pops

pops New IL'ite

where is this billabong school

3. lavanya2000

lavanya2000 Bronze IL'ite

If you are talking about madambakkam (near bharat engg college) then i would suggest looking at Zion (i guess they also have CBSE school in a new place) or SSM school

4. Meenagoutham

Meenagoutham New IL'ite

Thanks Shanvy, I know that lata murali is shifted to pune, am asking her based on her earlier experience with good earth. TQ

5. Marikeerthi

Marikeerthi Bronze IL'ite

We are relocating to India for this academic year 2014-2015. Need to get admission for my kids to 3 rd grade and 1 st grade. Basically we are looking in Velachery area for CBSEs school. Most of the big schools says, no admission for any classes other than Pre-KG or LKG. It is really tough to get admission i guess. Is it true that they dont admit kids other than kindergarten?

6. ramainside

ramainside New IL'ite

We are planning to relocate to India from US either this year or next year depending on getting school admission. We will be in Perungudi once we move back to India. My daughter is studying Grade 1 here and i think she needs to go to Grade 3 in India. I just started looking for schools and contacted few schools like Billabong, The school, Hari shree vidhyala etc. Waiting for their response. I am not sure whether CBSE or international school will be better for her. She doesn't know Hindi/Tamil/French. I am really confused about like where to begin. Being in US and searching for schools in Chennai is making it more complicated. So how is your search going? Did you find any schools yet? Do let me know if you get any updates. Any suggestion/advise is very much appreciated.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  7. AjiSireesh

AjiSireesh New IL'ite

Hi Latha,

I stay in east tambaram and looking to join my son (2.5 yrs old now) in GoodEarth. I would like to know more details about Good Earth school from a mom who's kid has been studying there... Can you PM me your number so that I can talk to you regarding this?

8. ishumanku

ishumanku New IL'ite

Hi friends,
    I m new in chennai shifting to thoraipakkam, i m looking for a good CBSE school in near OMR road or in thoraipakkam.please anyone suggest the good school.
    pls suggest early as possible...n give valuable thoughts on the school

Thanks

9. bellamramya

bellamramya New IL'ite

Hi friends,
    I am staying in dubai. I am planning to shift my family to chennai next year. My son is in grade 6. Pls guide me which school(cbse or Icse) is best in chennai. Then we can shift near to that school. Pls guide me best school it will help my son future.
    Regards,
    Ramya

10. amoarsh

amoarsh Bronze IL'ite

Hello chennai illites,

Can somebody help me with admission for 11th cbse for a nri student .

which school would be good near velachery,

Thank you

amoarsh