Schools in chennai accepting ADHD children

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by ksireesha, Feb 15, 2010.

1. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

Great, thanks Shanvy.

Really thank you so much...

I will pass this information...please post the information if you come across any other details for little kids.

Thank you

2. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

I am doing good Shanvy, how about you?

Thanks for helping us immediately, I will post here if I come across anything.

3. Jahanraj

Jahanraj New IL'ite

Hi Everyone,

My son is 3.8yrs old and I have to withdraw him as the teacher said he is hyperactive. He is not talking just few words. Not waiting for his turn while in group. Always climbing n walking here n there. Once in ten times he will respond if we ask him anything. He never give attention or never listen. Not able to sit in one place. I am so much worried. Only aft putting him in nursery we realised about his behaviour changes.

Can anyone pls suggest me homeopathy clinic who take assessment and give theraphy for him.
    Any centre who assess in chennai location.

4. Jahanraj

Jahanraj New IL'ite

Hi neeraja,

Can u pls help me with contact details where u took ur child for assessment adhd in chennai?

And how is ur kid now?

And centre which school etc pls give all details so that I can proceed with the same for my son.

Thanks in advance,
    Jahan

5. NRImom

NRImom New IL'ite

Hi All,

We are moving to India from Singapore for good. We are looking for good CBSE schools in OMR. I have two kids they are going to Grade 1 & 6. I have read the reviews of few schools. But we are moving in the second week of June. When I tried couple of schools in OMR they said they closed the admission for this academic year. Please help me to find the CBSE School in OMR with good infrastructure. Thanks!

6. stephanjohn

stephanjohn Senior IL'ite

I heard there are many schools accepting. Especially Anna nagar based school.

7. SivaPlr1985

SivaPlr1985 New IL'ite

hi All,

I am not sure whether all who posted here are active now. But i am facing similar issues with my son. When we checked with our Peadiatrcian he said he is fine - may require some extra help and more mingling with other kids. He did not term him as ADHD. He knows all alphabets and some words, also hindi to some extent. Counting and numbers also he is fine. But he pays less attention when he is not interested. He as not writing at all, other than 'A'. But with one peadiatric development therapist he is able to write. But at school he requires help and asks teacher to hold his hand. He is in Sr KG and 5.5 years old.

He wants better treatment at school. I am searching schools who will accept kids with some learning difficulty. Also he keeps on running inside class, that only during this year. For LKG and Pre kg he used to sit in one place and with help of teacher he used to grasp things. So i am confused whether he is in attenttive or teacher has less patience. Please suggest schools in chennai

Regards,
    Siva