Schools in chennai accepting ADHD children

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by ksireesha, Feb 15, 2010.

1. kavinshoba

kavinshoba New IL'ite

Hi BOAZ public school is admiting children with special needs. But need to contact them during Oct of the previous year.

2. lmithu

lmithu Senior IL'ite

Sireesha,

I am looking for some information for my niece. She has ADHD. We are seeing a doctor and everything. We dont have any special school around our place, she goes to regular school and some extra training....You mins sharing what homeopathy medicine you use?

i appreciate your help....

Thanks

3. geena

geena New IL'ite

Hi,
    I heard that Chettinad Harishree Vidyalaya is opening a branch school in Adyar and they will be taking in children with special needs. You can contact Harishree.

Hope this helps!

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

kumar rani muttaiah at kotturpuram is also very understanding.

i would go for a screening before i look at homeo medicines. do not try otc..

5. lmithu

lmithu Senior IL'ite

Thank you Shanvy and Geena...

We did took her for a consultation in Child Christ hospital..It is just that the schools are all available in big cities...but not in rural places...Right now, she is going to a school in Chidambaram which itself is too far for us...we literally have to set up a family there for her...now due to some problems, it is becoming too difficult to do that...so we are looking for different options..I also send an email from one of the ADHD website asking for special educator around our area....I am sincerly hoping we will figure something out....

Thanks again for all the help....please pass on any information you might have....

6. snehahindocha

snehahindocha New IL'ite

Hi I am Sneha Hindocha, a special educator! there are a lot of schools that take in children with ADHD, could you please be a little more specific with regard to age, and area preferred.

7. snj104

snj104 New IL'ite

Hi , I just saw this post. I don't know if it will help now or not, but I found this place in Chennai called Baby Bliss. They help children with many health conditions. ADD/ ADHD is one of them. My children benefited alot from it.

8. westminster14

westminster14 New IL'ite

Hi Sneha Hindocha,

My girl 5.5 years old is suffering from ADHD, Autism / Spectrum disorder. She went to regular school for two years, where she couldn't sit in one place or be attentive. She is now going for Montesorri school, but her wandering or learning didn't improve. She is assisted with occupational therapy and speech therapy since 2.5 years. At therapy classes, with one-to-one, she is fine. We were told by therapists to shift her back to regular school who can be bit firm as most of her issues are with behaviour.

We are looking for a normal school who are considerate about my girl's development and accommodative, in and around Vadapalani, Saligramam, Ashok Nagar, K.K.Nagar, Virugambakkam, Valasarwakam, etc.

Kindly advise if there are any schools in this area..thanks.

Regards,
    Neeraja

9. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

Hi,
    Do anyone know school around in and around chennai for autism kids? Please let us know one of my friend looking forward in chennai as she is planning to move to India from USA, she has a kid with autism(5 yrs) .

Thanks.

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

mehana, how are you doing dear.

recently i have been talking to a parent of a autistic teenager and she vetoed this school. maybe you can check it out
    Chennai Holistic Health Centre for Autism
    Plot no:218, Palkalai
    Nagar, Palavakkam
    Chennai-600041,
    Tamilnadu.
    Ph: 44 -24511670
    e-mail: ism_chhc@hotmail.com