1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Schooling : Monday Morning Blues - Another Article In Short Story Format

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by varalotti, Jan 8, 2006.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Thanks, neethu. But the problem is that we do not pay teachers well. Many good teachers are over-worked and under-paid. Because the field is not lucrative the best minds do not opt to become a teacher. Hence we have mediocrity entering the field in large numbers and that's the main problem.

thanks once again,
    love,
    sridhar

2. varalotti

Hi,
    thanks a lot sutt for your kind words.
    love,
    sridhar

3. deraj

deraj Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Mr. Sridhar for a eye opener. I have taken the contents and forwarded as a mail to the MOM / DAD friends of mine.

You are doing good jobs.

Regards

Deepa

4. varalotti

You are welcome, Deepa. And thanks for your kind words of appreciation.

regards,
    sridhar

5. susri

susri Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar sir,
    Nice reading your post. Just one week back solved such a problem . My DD's Sanskrit Sir , due to some reason, not be able to finish his syllabus of term end exam. The parent of some other child have reported this to HM sir. And you know very well what would have happened.
    My DD use to ask any doubts without any fear, and have asked about that unfinished lesson . So her Sanskrit Sir doubted her and me , that we would have reported to HM sir about him. Even without knowing the truth, he just scolded my DD very much. My DD is very much upset. But thank God, She use to tell me each and everything what happens in her school daily. The very next day , I met the Sanskrit Sir and explained him that at any cost we are not responsible and he is not suppose to treat my child in unpleasant way. Sanskrit Sir have no words to say....... he was just darring at me .
    From next class, she is not having any problem. The thing is , we, the parent should be more friendly with our children which can solve many problems.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2009
  6. varalotti

dear susri,

the sanskrit sir is clearly at fault. And it is really strange that he is angry because someone complained. For you the defence should not be "we did not complain". You should have said, "You failed in your duty. I wanted to complain. But before I could do so some other courageous soul has complained. And you have no business to be rough to my girl. Well, I am going to complain this as well to the HM."

He would be more sincere in future.

When it happened to my daughter I went to the Principal with my findings. Either the Teacher would be there in school or my daughter. You choose. That's what I said.
    The Principal was of course my friend and a fan of my writings.
    Just give me a month, Sridhar Sir. The academic year would be over. And she wont be there in the school next year. And she was promptly packed off to some other school.

You are right we should always be friends to children. And we should never jump to judgments whenever they complain. We should patiently listen, enquire the other side and then tell them what is to be done.

thanks for the fb, susri
    regards,
    sridhar

7. susri

susri Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar sir,
    Thanks for your advice. :bowdown .

8. Raji01

Raji01 Bronze IL'ite

hello Sir,
    it was my frantic search for help that got me here. my 6 year old daughter doesn't want to go to school . she was so brave,smart and confident even on the first day of her school ,when she was barely 3years. nowadays she makes a lot of fuss,doesn't drink milk or eat breakfast properly .Mondays,especially are very stressful ,getting her ready to school. i have talked to the principal and also to the teacher. there seems to be no problem there. only Mondays they have physical training in the last period. my kid doesn't like that. i feel she is tired by then and hungry too as she doesn't even finish her lunch . parents are not allowed to come and feed their kids. this problem has taken away my happiness and peace .she is having indigestion problem for which the doctor has given some medicines.infact she demanded her father to take her to the doctor. we actually thought she will be okay with some home remedies,but she forced her father to take her to the doctor and didn't return home even if it was 10.30 pm.! her father told her that he will take her next day as there were many patients and it would get late,but she refused ,saying that if she won't tell her problem she will suffer all night!!! i was shocked and surprised at such matured behaviour .i have sent her to school today somehow and my dh has requested the principal to look into this matter. the principal has called the child psychologist and she assured him she will monitor the case. hope everything will be alright. after reading your post i am confident my problem will be solved too. thankyou .any suggestions are welcome.

9. varalotti

hello Raji,
    I think you are handling the case correctly. If it is physical education class she hates,yes, it should be because she's tired and hungry.
    Ask some of your child's classmates what exactly they do in the physical education class. You have the right even to ask the principal to let you present there in the class. May be the master is particularly harsh towards the child. If the child is so adamant on seeing the doctor this should be the reason.
    Your child not finishing her lunch is another problem. Have a dialogue with your child and find out what she would want for lunch. Give her some yummies too after having a word with her teacher. You may even ask for a special permission to feed your child on Mondays.
    Finally, you promise something really sweet to the child on Monday when she comes back from school. Make Monday an "ice-cream day" and take your child to the ice-cream parlour and get her a big bowl of ice cream. Make her look forward to Mondays.
    And above all Raji, pray to God. I am sure the problem will be solved soon.
    Always trust and believe your child first. and not the strangers.
    take care and best of luck,
    sridhar

10. Raji01

Raji01 Bronze IL'ite

Sir,
    thank you for the quick response. some kids had this problem initially,but soon got adjusted i feel. only my daughter seems to still have the problem. actually I'm thinking of talking to the principal to request him to change the timings of the physical training session,i.e. to put it in the beginning when kids are feeling energetic and also to change it to some other than Mondays because kids already have the Monday blues after a happy weekend. hope the principal understands me .i hope i'm right.