1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

School Friends

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by LakshmiKMBhat, Jul 13, 2017.

1. LakshmiKMBhat

LakshmiKMBhat Gold IL'ite

Some time ago, a Facebook message told me that I had just celebrated five years of friendship with a friend. When I read that, my mind went back to 1976. I had joined a new school and I was in 9th Standard. I met this friend then. From the first something clicked and we became close friends. We had a lot in common. The next three years flew by and it was time to leave school. I left Delhi. We exchanged letters for some time. Those were the days of letters and after some time we lost touch. Life went on.

It was more than three decades since leaving school. At odd moments I would think about my friend, especially on her birthday. I was sure I would never meet her again. I am living in South India and she, in the north, when I left school. I had been to Delhi only once after 1979. Then, one day five years ago I got a friend request on Facebook from her. It was a dream come true. We are yet to meet in person but are in contact. This is one of the reasons I like Facebook.

School photo.jpg

2. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

WOW! Amazing part .
    I had very good friends when I was in 3rd to 6th grade. We shared the sweetest days but I don't have any contacts with any of those friends until now. No hopes too.. I don't think they remember me too...
    Very happy to know that you connected to your dear friend again. Lovely...:)
    You blessed !
    @LakshmiKMBhat
    Where were you there in that pic? : )

LakshmiKMBhat likes this.
  3. LakshmiKMBhat

LakshmiKMBhat Gold IL'ite

Yes, standing just behind the boys, fourth from right my friend Chitra, next to her me

Mistt likes this.
  4. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Yes, I can see resemblance of you in that childhood pic... I'm happy for you...: )

LakshmiKMBhat likes this.