School formalities in India after returning from USA

Discussion in 'Return to India' started by sumathymai, May 7, 2010.

1. sumathymai

sumathymai New IL'ite

After much dilemma, we have finally decided to make the big move from US to India in another 2 weeks after living here for 4 years..Probably, we'll be moving to Hyderabad.. Not sure of the place, as we have another opportunity on the way from Bangalore.

My DD is now attending her Kindergarten classes here.. I need to know from you ladies, like what the school authorities(school related documents from here)in India, expect to produce at the time of admission. When I enquired at the school here, they told me that they would just give a note saying she has been with the school from this - this date. I wonder whether this would be sufficient.. Please clarify on this whoever has returned to India and has already been thro' the situation.

In India, they usually ask for Transfer Certificate.. Is there anything similar to that, so that I can ask the school here ? And how about the immunization records ?

Also, my DD just completed 6 years, this April. Just would like to know at this age which class she will be admitted into ? 1 st grade or 2nd.

My DS has just turned 4 today(his B'day today :)) and has been attending pre-school from September to till date.. I would like to know, in which class he will be admitted into? I have been teaching both my kids at home too, so I can say they have age-appropriate learning.

So now, I am on the look out for information from you ladies. I am left with less time, so I am desperate to get your responses.:)

Thanks in advance--
    Sumathy

2. sumathymai

sumathymai New IL'ite

I thought I would get some information from this site. I think now I should rely on my friends.

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

sumathy,

Welcome to this forum.

I am sure, your tension and confusions are making things look hard.

most of the ladies who have returned here from the us have kids who join Kg in india, and few of them who had school going kids are not so frequent here.

I returned back from the gulf where we brought the tc attested by the indian embassy.

regarding the class..your daughter is eligible for 1st standard though some schools would give 2nd grade too.

DS at 4 is better in lkg.

moreover there are schools in hyderabad which do assess the kids and give the admission in the classes appropriately.

i am sure the school leaving letter will suffice.

ask your person in hyd to check out with one or two schools, what are the documents necessary to be submitted.

all the best to your R2i and settling.

Do check out the bangalore schools and hyderabad school forums too.