1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

School Admissions and Parents Love

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by aquarian80, Nov 30, 2010.

1. aquarian80

aquarian80 New IL'ite

Last week we had gone to the local DAV school for taking admission for my kid for Jr.Kg. We had already enquired with the office and came to know that the admission forms would be given out on 26-Nov.
    Now, in DAV, forms are given on first come first serve basis. People start queuing up outside the school gate before the scheduled date and time to get the forms. Last year, we had tried for admission for Nursery at the same place, but inspite of standing in the queue from the night before, we could not get the forms. We had thought that this time we will queue up from 25-Nov noon itself. I had planned to take a day off from work for the same. But, on 24th Nov, on the way to work, when we passed the school, we saw a queue of about 40-45 people already formed outside the gate! My husband went and enquired and came to know this is for the Jr.Kg forms to be given 2 days later!!! I changed my plans and went and stood in the queue. Our number was 45th. I came to know that people were standing in the line since 23rd Nov early morning! You all might think that this is crazy! I would have thought the same if i was not the mother of a kid wanting admission. So, along with others myself, my father(without him this would not have been possible) and my husband took turns in standing in the line for two days throughout the day and night. Myself and my father took turns in the daytime and my hubby took the night shift.
    It was heartning to see everyone's plight. Many ladies left their crying kids with their neighbours to come and stand in the line. They had packed their lunches from home and brought it to eat while standing in the line. Men would come back tired from their work not to go to their houses but directly to stand in the line and switch places with their wives who would go home to make their kids sleep. Some unfortunate 3 yr olds also had to bear the brunt of standing in the queue since their mothers did not have anyone to leave them with.

Over those two days, while standing in the line, i realized how much parents care to give a good education and future to their kids. I do not know if our kids for whom we were standing in the line bearing the sun/rain(yes, we had to stand in the rain as well)/cold would ever appreciate this.
    All this to ensure a good education for our children. This is just the beginning of endless sacrifices we parents would do, so that our son/daughter becomes what we dream them to be in future. When these children become big in life, would they even show 10% of the care and love bestowed on them by their parents, we do not know. But parents keep showering their selfless love and care on their children without expecting anything in return. My parents are still doing that even when their daughter herself is a parent! I pray to God to remind each child how much love and affection his/her parent has showered on him/her so that this selfless love can be repaid to some extent if not fully.

2. stappe

stappe Senior IL'ite

Oh my GOD!! In line for 2 days!!! Really appreciate your effort!!

3. Perfectionist

Perfectionist Senior IL'ite

Seriously...OMG...Two days in line for only form. What do you need to do to get the admission....

Hats off to you dear...

4. aquarian80

aquarian80 New IL'ite

Thanks stappe and Perfectionist! I was one among the 100-130 people standing in the line:) I guess even if the line had started 1 week prior to the date of admission, parents would have come and stood!