Scared Of Normal Delivery

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by cliona, Aug 8, 2016.

1. cliona

cliona Silver IL'ite

Hi ladies,
    I am right now pregnant with second kid. First one was emergency c section 7 years back. I am now 35 years.
    My gynec is telling to try for normal this time. VBAC. I am really really scared of normal delivery. C section, recovery took some time... Spinal anaesthesia was awesome. Didn't know a thing.
    I am scared. What do you all think.
    Thanks in advance.
    Cliona

Caide likes this.

2. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

my sis gave birth to cute son in normal delivery.. though she had pain and later had some stitch she was and is very fine.. in comparison my frndz sis gave birth to boy thrugh cesarean due to stitches she cant hold baby or sit long stitch came off once too nd went for restitch.... i am not saying this to scare i am jus saying this bcz whether it is normal or cesarean your physical strength is important maintain good diet just ask doc suggestion stay healthy and do exercise which s gud fr normal delivery

cliona likes this.
  3. dc24

dc24 Gold IL'ite

You are so lucky to have a gyne who wants to...atleast...try for normal delivery...
    My both kids were delivered through c-section...with first one i had not so much of a problem but after my second cesarean...i truly witnessed hell on this earth itself...
    My stitches turned sore...i couldn't breastfeed my baby properly....had severe back pain...had postnatal depression....
    Please give normal delivery a sincere thought...

cliona likes this.
  4. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

@cliona- Don't worry if your first child was with c- section. The chances of having c- section for the second child is 80% more.
    Even with normal delivery, you can opt for an epidural.

I went through C-section and my OB used a glue. My OB didn't use stitches or staple. Please ladies request for glue. It is much safer.

sindmani and cliona like this.
  5. viki123

viki123 Silver IL'ite

@cliona
    It's good that your gynec is encouraging to have a normal delivery. First of all don't worry, compared to C normal has fast recovery and you can also take help of epidural. Prepare your self mentally and physically (exercise) for normal.
    I had a normal delivery and i thank my Gynec for that. For every visit in my third trimester she would say, "baby position it good and cervix is soft, you will have normal delivery don't worry, just exercise, even walking is enough." This was enough moral support and i went into into induced labor with positive thought. But before pushing my DS changes his position slightly, my Gynec & nurse encouraged me to push and would give updated on DS hair etc that she was seeing and she was there with me for 1 1/2 hour.

PoornishaB, sindmani and cliona like this.
  6. cliona

cliona Silver IL'ite

Dear @Caide, @dc24, @blindpup10 and @viki123
    Thanks for your support. Have heard that ladies go through hell of a pain during labour. As though it's like "rebirth" is what my mother says. Its very frightening to think about it. But then as you guys said... most women.. millions of women go through it. So, it should be manageable., hopefully.
    Epidural sounds good. I am doing yoga almost daily. And working. Havent changed the lifestyle much. But yeah, recently physically slowed down which is natural... with a big tummy and all.....Thank you all for your encouragement.
    Regards,
    Cliona

blindpup10 and Caide like this.
  7. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

welcome Cliona but some say they didnt feel pain at may its their nature at tym of birth some said they worked and did exercise so felt no pain.. So said they didnt do anytng still dint felt pain... you jst tc and be healthy particularly dont stress yourself all the very best

blindpup10 and cliona like this.
  8. dc24

dc24 Gold IL'ite

Hi...i guess the glue option is not available in India ?
    Where was your LO born..India or abroad ?

9. beautifullife30

beautifullife30 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Cliona,

First things first...congrats on your second prego!

I have heard of VBAC and it is very nice of your gynec to suggest it. But ensure you are fully aware of everything. There is a slight risk involved or so I have heard. Please know I am not scaring you, I just want you to be aware that there is a risk involved and take necessary caution. Loop in your doctor on everything and make sure, you and your doctor are on the same page at every stage (if you are going for VBAC)

Don't be scared about normal delivery at all...there is always epidural. You will feel no pain. I was literally joking with my hubby when my LO popped out :D

All the best dear!

cliona and Caide like this.
  10. sangeekrish

sangeekrish New IL'ite

Hi Cliona can you able to tell me which doctor you are consulting and which place? Since I am also looking for doctor who is able to do VBAC in Chennai

cliona likes this.