1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Scared- Family Planning

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by rosylife, Dec 17, 2018.

1. rosylife

rosylife Bronze IL'ite

Dear ladies
    My MIL is torturing me about not having kid even after three years of marriage. My husband said he doesnt want before sixth year as he is very busy with work and won’t be able to help me.

Till now we din’t even consummate after being scared of accidental pregnancy. Now I am trying to convince my husband so that we can have a kid after 1year or maximum 1 and half year. I mean 10months in stomach and rest 8months for trying to concieve.

Now I am scared because I have pcod and I was searching online regarding time frame for women with pcod. My period is not very regular . If I look back at last two years. 9months an year I get periods at the right time and some months its late.

I met a gynecologist last week , she said have to endovaginal scan. As I haven’t consummated, I told her will come back after two weeks. How safe is it to use protection (Con***). I have pcod since a few years now and I have come upon several articles relating pcod and risk of autism and even downsyndrome.
    I want to do what I can do from my part.

One of my friends also said that her gynec advised her to do IVF as she was in late twenties. Since I have pcod should i try for IVF to avoid risk of autism and downsydrome?
    Kid is a blessing from God , thats why planned by not consummating rather than using protection. Both of us are kind of asexuals and we prefer sex only to get a baby atleast at the moment.

My doctor told me its not a must take folic acid and in old generation ladies never prepared. Should I change my doctor?
    Can some one help me out? How should I prepare my body?

2. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

You dont have to get pregnant to make your MIL happy. Take your own time. You have to suffer and go through the process not MIL
    Go with your plan.

It is quite abnormal to have an unconsummated marriage. Look like you are ok with it.

But how you know you both are fertile without trying. First try normal ways. If it doesn't work then think about IVF. Visit pregnancy session in this forum to learn more about TTC and related topics

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
    rosylife likes this.
  3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Can I ask a question? Don’t mistake me?

Are you guys “ready”,”interested” to have a child?

Your hubby is clear about his priorities and how about you?Is it for the sake of in-laws or society?

I honestly feel the guy and the girl should be totally ready and a child as Only then the child will get a happy childhood/family.

If else,even the least work will seem like such a difficult chore!

Really Sorry if I said something wrong.Analyse
    Your priorities and then be ready for what come may.

Now..honestly though we speak of equality sometimes unfortunately,the woman might not get all the help she needs.your hubby be it in six years or 10 years might always say he is busy.Worklife could tough be it for men or women as we need savings etc.We somehow have to work it out.Are your in-laws,parents ready to lend a helping hand..Even otherwise am sure you can do it.

Now for preparation..

1) Tell yourself you can do it as zillion women are doing it with no help.

2)You can conceive in the first attempt or some medical help might be required.Nothing wrong about it.

3) Prenatal vitamins.Very important.

4) Read articles especially positive articles regarding kids.One thing I learnt is..internet so many opinions each from their perspective.So take it with a neutral mind.

5)Start yoga and walking.Add meditation.You can also do gym but do not over exert yourself.Be active.Vert important.

6)Don’t stress yourself for a kid.Thats the biggest enemy and let it happen when it has to.We can only do so much.

7)Believe in God.Miracles DO happen.

Good luck.

swiss, shravs3, Rihana and 1 other person like this.
  4. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

In these modern times, we have such a lot of help on the internet. Videos of pretty much everything is on youtube.

Watch instructional videos on the use of condom, and other birth control devices. Your ob/gyn can prescribe you (she has to find the right size) a diaphragm, if you both find condom not to your tactical/tactile liking.

swiss, BhumiBabe and rosylife like this.
  5. rosylife

rosylife Bronze IL'ite

I know its not very normal but I was scared to get pregnant accidently. I know of few people got pregnant accidentally. Thank you I shall go through the pregnant forum.

I don’t know but since my periods are not regular I think I maynot be fertile. Plus like I said infromation from friends and articles tells me that infertile girls like me or the ones having issues like pcod has higher chance for abortion and kids having disabilities . I am already going to be 29 soon.

6. rosylife

rosylife Bronze IL'ite

Thankyou.. I am interested in having a child. My husband likes kids but he is busy. I am planning to resign.from job to look after the kid. Is gym alone enough? Is meditation also required? What about my husband, should he prepare in anyway?

My parents and my mother in law already said they will help. I am not sure how much they can help. They might help intial months , I think. I am in late twenties. So I feel if I wait more chance of problems are high.. what is your opinion?

7. rosylife

rosylife Bronze IL'ite

Thankyou dear . i shall go through the videos. I have pcod and external ultrasound checkup shows a small cyst . Gynecologist said one cyst is fine but multiple cysts will affect fertility. For diaphragm can it be inserted before first sexual encounter itself?

8. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Anomalies in External Ultrasound would have to be rechecked over time - to see if they had persisted, to see if their dimensions, locations have changed.
    As for the question reg. diaphragm, it is best you go with instructional videos, FAQ's, and the advice of a real Ob/gyn. When you are at the doctor, describe your history of irregularity with periods, ask her about birth control pills to steady the regularity of periods, (not for longer term use).

9. virtualkv2020

virtualkv2020 Platinum IL'ite

Its quite alarming that you haven’t consummated your marriage despite being married for 3 years, I understand your concern but for a man to stay away is tough since it is his biological need.

1.Forget about mil/others or whether you will receive enough help or not, talk to your husband about your concerns and start working on your marriage first - emotional and physical bond is very much needed for a happy marriage.

2.Help is always a blessing from parents and/or in laws but always be prepared to handle things independently, also not finding time etc shouldn’t be the reasons to postpone your plan of having a kid since a woman’s biological clock ticks faster after 30-35 and waits for none.

3.Plan for a kid when you both are ready.Eat healthy, be active, take prenatal vitamins, get the required tests done and take medications if needed to regularise your periods.There are several ovulation calendars/apps online that could help conceive naturally.Remember to be stress free.

4.Pcod patients might have issues, but each case is different and there are women out there who have conceived naturally.If nothing works out say for a year or two then you can probably seek medical help for conception.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
    Indeevara and rosylife like this.
  10. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

As for mil.....tell husband to deal with her questions or you will have to tell her that sex is necesssary for concieving a child.

Are you sure you are asexual ?

swiss, Prahlad and rosylife like this.